• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Ron

Ron

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 11:13 AM

Whatever happened to the garden store on Juuerez just passed th toco place? Gone did they open somewhere else?

#2 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
  • Interests:reading, singing, movies, family & friends, good food, travel

Posted 24 July 2012 - 11:20 AM

Whatever happened to the garden store on Juuerez just passed th toco place? Gone did they open somewhere else?

Yes, looks like they got the bum's rush out of their big place on the Transversal. That's the bad news. Good news is they are open for business on the corner of Avenida 25 with I THINK Calle 7 Sur. It's after Calle 5 and before Calle 11 on the west side of the street. Much smaller than their other hangout but looks to be nicely arranged. And they have a farm in the selva so can get more plants as needed, I expect.

#3 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,621 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 12:39 PM

if your on 15th, it is the street right where the Immigration office is. Turn on to that side street, go up a couple of street and it will be on your left.

The big garden center on the Transversal owned by Felipe closed for the sale of plants about a year ago.

It is now a recreational park, with swimming, kids play area, horseback riding, paint ball, a zip line. They may have added more things to do then what I saw.

It also has two very nice palapa for parties.

There is also a very nice garden center on the Transversal, just off of 65. I think their prices are subject to whim. Nothing I have ever seen is marked.
But they have some beautiful plants.

There is also a nursery right on 11, just past the public hospital that has nice stuff as well.

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#4 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:26 PM

if your on 15th, it is the street right where the Immigration office is. Turn on to that side street, go up a couple of street and it will be on your left.

The big garden center on the Transversal owned by Felipe closed for the sale of plants about a year ago.

It is now a recreational park, with swimming, kids play area, horseback riding, paint ball, a zip line. They may have added more things to do then what I saw.

It also has two very nice palapa for parties.

There is also a very nice garden center on the Transversal, just off of 65. I think their prices are subject to whim. Nothing I have ever seen is marked.
But they have some beautiful plants.

There is also a nursery right on 11, just past the public hospital that has nice stuff as well.

We're talking about the garden shop at around 90 on Juarez. Before you get to Camarones Dorados and on the same side of the road. They are definitely set up on a northwest corner lot fronting on Ave 25 Sur between Calle 3 and Calle 11. Just watch for them on a corner on your right side. I think it's the intersection with Calle 7 and 25. Or not. Someone please correct this when you're up there. You can't miss it if you drive south on 25 in that stretch below the mercado and before Calle 11.

#5 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,621 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:02 PM

ah, learn something new everyday! That's the one where the pricing was always blown in the wind.

Thanks for the clarification. :D

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#6 Ron

Ron

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 04:42 PM

someone said there was a place near the gas station on 65 which must be the one Paula is talking about but did not find it. If I am heading east do I amke a left on 65 or a right?

#7 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 07:58 PM

someone said there was a place near the gas station on 65 which must be the one Paula is talking about but did not find it. If I am heading east do I amke a left on 65 or a right?

The place a few blocks past the gas station is the one that closed. It has now moved to -- I just checked it today and Paula was right -- Corner of Avenida 25 and Calle 5 Sur. It's actually bigger than I thought as I note there's a whole section that goes back behind like a flag lot or something. This is the best nursery on the island as in most variety. They carry a lot of orchids, too. At someone exhorbo prices, admittedly but they are lovely and difficult to get down here.

#8 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,621 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 10:23 AM

there is another garden center on 65, just before Airport Blvd.

If I need to buy dirt, that's where I have gotten it.

They have some very large plants, and lots of Palms.

Anonymous

#9 Sandy H

Sandy H

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 04:14 PM

Yes, we lost our wonderful garden center near my house to what I understand will be a 24 hour Pemex!

#10 Ron

Ron

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 10:23 PM

What a shame loved the location and the size

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users