Need An Artist For A Mural...........

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 mexcelia

mexcelia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 431 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, films, snorkeling, walking, swimming, and photography

Posted 08 August 2012 - 05:26 PM

Does anyone know of a good artist who paints murals, or a really good graffiti artist? Want three inside walls on my outside deck painted............. :mellow: thanks

#2 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 06:04 PM

You need to talk with Nelda H. who is a member on this site.

She had a beautiful one painted on her wall.

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#3 mexcelia

mexcelia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 431 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, films, snorkeling, walking, swimming, and photography

Posted 08 August 2012 - 06:25 PM

Good idea, saw it and it is nice........but, old age and all that, forgot.......thanks :rolleyes:

#4 CZMDM

CZMDM

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:42 AM

Gallo, Carlos Puello, Javi Soler.

Cozumel Diving

#5 mexcelia

mexcelia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:55 AM

Thanks Mike, any idea how I can find them, or their numbers?

#6 cvchief

cvchief

Professional Amateur

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts
  • Location:Pennsylvania mostly, though Coz as much as possible

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:39 AM

Talked to my neighbor who has some nice work on his walls. Maybe try https://www.facebook...anopetitdemurat

or http://www.marianopetitart.com/

Apparently he and his girlfriend are artists.

El Jefe

Wishing I was retiring to Cozumel.....

Casa De Jefe

#7 mexcelia

mexcelia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:03 AM

Thanks Jefe, will check those out............... :P

#8 drjoe

drjoe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:natural wellness/health ,the sea ,food , meeting interesting people

Posted 09 August 2012 - 02:08 PM

Valente is the artist that painted the cone on the corner of Melgar & Salas (Viva Mexico ) He also did a very large mural outdoors on a wall just south of the main square on 5th. If his work is appealing to you his phone # is near his signature of both murals. Jerry at the coral reef in across from the Corpus Christi church recommended his work to me. His work is beautiful & affordable. There are more examples of his work at the coral reef inn too.

#9 mexcelia

mexcelia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 02:31 PM

thanks drjoe, it so happens I live next to the Coral Reef, will be sure to ask them and check for those numbers.............thanks again :D

#10 CZMDM

CZMDM

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:29 PM

Thanks Mike, any idea how I can find them, or their numbers?

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/solerboquera Javier Soler. The pirate in the pic was commissioned by us when we first moved here.

Gallo has a gallery on 20th ave around 4-6, but I am not sure about the direction. He is well known.

Carlos.......Carey might know. He is all over town.

The dude who did Viva Mexico is really good.

Cozumel Diving

#11 mexcelia

mexcelia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 11:29 PM

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/solerboquera Javier Soler. The pirate in the pic was commissioned by us when we first moved here.

Gallo has a gallery on 20th ave around 4-6, but I am not sure about the direction. He is well known.

Carlos.......Carey might know. He is all over town.

The dude who did Viva Mexico is really good.

Thanks Mike, I checked out the FB page and Javier is quite good..... will take a peek in the gallery too. Nice to have choices, thanks again B)

#12 CZMDM

CZMDM

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:11 AM

Thanks Mike, I checked out the FB page and Javier is quite good..... will take a peek in the gallery too. Nice to have choices, thanks again B)

No problem. Let us see your wall when it is done. Good luck.

Cozumel Diving

#13 pecas

pecas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:51 AM

Valente did a mural in our bedroom. He's very good. If you would like to check it out let me know

#14 mexcelia

mexcelia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:56 AM

Thanks Pecas,

So many folks had such good ideas that I now have three different guys that I'll be talking with..........the first will be coming over tomorrow........appreciate the offer and will get back with you if need be (but really liking one of the artists I've spoken with, so might already have someone) big thanks :P

#15 J_CozDiver

J_CozDiver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:11 PM

Does anyone know of a good artist who paints murals, or a really good graffiti artist? Want three inside walls on my outside deck painted............. :mellow: thanks

I highly recommend Mariano. Does impressive work and he and his girlfriend are super nice. He communicates wonderfully, speaks great english and is very affordable. Communication is high on my list and he is very good at it via email, texts & phone. He started when he said he was going to start and was pretty much right on schedule thorough the whole project, sending me photos of their progress as they went along. They work very well by themselves (which is great and no need for constant monitoring) and I could just let them do their thing. They are very good workers and very, very nice to deal with. It was a great experience and I ended up with new friends in the process. :-)

My company name is Blue Dahlia so I wanted something fun and colorful for the wall of my store. Since I am located right next door to a day care center I wanted it a little whimsical, as well. It was a real pleasure dealing with them and I am very happy with the outcome!

See for yourself. :)

The mural - this room has a very high ceiling. That piece of furniture is about 7 feet tall.

Posted Image

The artists!

Posted Image

Posted Image

#16 mexcelia

mexcelia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 04:32 AM

I appreciate seeing their work and, in fact, due to an earlier reference from cvchief, will be seeing him today at noon. And, that mural is quite colorful, fun, and I especially like the frog.......I really enjoy whimsy too. Thanks for the pics and reference and I will mention to him how highly recommended he was by customers/friends. :D

#17 mexcelia

mexcelia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 02:14 PM

Thanks for everyone's suggestions, will be working with Mariano, quite nice, timely, and very talented.................will post a pic down the road when all is done............ :D

#18 nauticab

nauticab

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 04:19 PM

can't wait to see what they do for you. i have several of their things, as well as he designed our logo years ago and some fun tshirt designs. glad you went with them. they are very talented people and love what they do.
Cabrilla's Sport Center
Calle 11 % Melgar y 10av
Edificio Portales, Local 1
Dressing Fishermen and Triathletes from Head to Toe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users