Help! Need Hotel Advice For Parents

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 guerita76

guerita76

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Interests:aimless wandering, writing, photoshop, trying to understand people, snorkeling, jumping off the dock at the palapita, making myself laugh and learning everything I can

Posted 14 August 2012 - 06:07 PM

Heeeeeeelp! My parents are going to take their first trip to Mexico and will be celebrating their 50th anniversary. Also, my dad is in poor health and they feel this will be their last major vacation. So... a lot of pressure to find them a really great hotel or condo. All inclusive is ok, but not necessary. Beach is necessary, not for swimming but for walks. A balcony with breathtaking view is vital as my dad will spend most of his time there. I have a car and will be their taxi service so that is not an issue. Looking for something that feels "special" and having a hard time finding special and beach. Ideas????

#2 mstevens

mstevens

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 852 posts
  • Interests:Diving, Ducatis, Dorkdom

Posted 14 August 2012 - 06:48 PM

Intercontinental Presidente

#3 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
  • Interests:reading, singing, movies, family & friends, good food, travel

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:34 AM

or a condo at el cantil. Beautiful views and a great, convenient location. Although if he wants beach walking, El Prez might be a better choice although you would want to go and specifically check the room you'd be getting.

Usually staying in a house or condo is not only more economical than renting a hotel room, but you get so many more amenities for your peso -- like a kitchen and lots of space to spread out. You could even stay with them and have a beach front vacation and good visit.

#4 guerita76

guerita76

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Interests:aimless wandering, writing, photoshop, trying to understand people, snorkeling, jumping off the dock at the palapita, making myself laugh and learning everything I can

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:16 AM

I like your thinking Carey! I had originally thought a condo would be best for me...errrr, I mean THEM... but finding a great condo with a decent beach for walks has not come together.

#5 MarkC

MarkC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:30 AM

I've never found a condo rental to come out more economical than staying at a hotel in Cz. They jack the airfare up so high if you don't book a package, that its like they're giving the hotel part away free. I'd have to have 4+ travelers with me sharing the rental to make it more economical.

One of the best beaches on the island that u dont need water shoes for - the allegro
“Corona con lima, Corona with lime... Todo el tiempo, hey all of the time... Con mucho gusto, I’m havin such a good time... Corona con lima, Corona with lime...”

#6 GringaErin

GringaErin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:02 AM

Have you thought about Ventanas? Kind of rustico, but you can't beat the views/beach walking over there.

#7 Guest_casacozumel01_*

Guest_casacozumel01_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:48 AM

We have a condo rental available in Peninsula. Beautiful views, beach and many amenities. Check it out on our web-site. casacozumel@hotmail.com www.cozumelhomecare.com

#8 crunch

crunch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 627 posts
  • Interests:Snorkeling, dogs, margaritas, beaches, reading, working out, chilling.

Posted 15 August 2012 - 11:53 AM

How long a beach walk? If short would work then Playa Azul might be an option.

#9 2islandbums

2islandbums

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts
  • Interests:Diving/ working to get dive money.

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:53 PM

We have a friend that has two condos at Paradise Condos on the side of uva's beach. it is at least walkable and not terrible far from the centro. if interested just let us know
Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.

Albert Einstein,

#10 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
  • Interests:reading, singing, movies, family & friends, good food, travel

Posted 16 August 2012 - 12:36 AM

It kind of depends on what your parents like to do. I know if I can get mine down again I'm going to put them in an el cantil condo because of the ocean view with balcony and the very close proximity to both the Chedraui and the Mega. Plus an easy stroll into downtown.

True there is no beach. That's the downside. But since you'll have a car from the sound of it, you could take them out to a different beach every day they felt like going. Try to get a park's pass and get their names put on it as relatives and you can save half on getting them into Chankannab. And, of course, there are other beaches.

Also what about those residencia reef club condos? I looked at one of those a couple of years ago and it was very nice although awfully big for 2-4 people. It didn't look as though most of those had true ocean views, however, but there was a nice little area for walking around if I remember correctly.

For my money, I'd stay closer to town and I'd stay in a condo rather than at the Cozumel Palace because it's almost undoubtedly a much better deal. AND there would be room for you to stay with them and get in more of a visit.

#11 guerita76

guerita76

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:53 AM

Thank you all so much for the suggestions and advice. It's time to look everything over and make a decision. Thanks again for the help.

#12 DanB

DanB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 484 posts
  • Interests:Dan:history/culture;scuba diving;photography;music; Claudia:artist

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:16 AM

I am not a hotel person. Look at Fulvio's website for two properties. He reps a couple units at Residencias Reefs (a gorgeous property way to the south with great grounds and sandy beach. I've stayed at 7160 which is in the building furthest from the water and is on the first floor but it is very beautiful. If 'beach' is a key, this would be great. He also reps unit 5220 which is right on the beach overlooking the water. It is next to a couple beach clubs if food and drink is desired. The other property I suggest is at Palmas Reales just north of the north marina. This is a 6th floor unit with gorgeous views of the water. There is no beach here, however - ironshore. But there is a large stretch of undeveloped shoreline to the north which may be 'walk-able'. Neither of these units are 'close to town' (like El Cantil) but might fit the bill if "a quite get-away" is one of the criteria. Good luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users