A Walk In The Park.....

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 mexcelia

mexcelia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 431 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, films, snorkeling, walking, swimming, and photography

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:53 AM

A morning in the park, with dogs.............hope you enjoy :unsure:

http://mexcelia.word...lk-in-the-park/

#2 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:52 AM

Insulted mugs, with lid available at Chedrui's.

Maybe you should change your dogs names to Free, and Sprite.

Bet the leashed pups would have wanted to join in the fun with yours, and be allowed to show their free sprites too.

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#3 Kandy

Kandy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts
  • Interests:Enjoying retired life!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:41 AM

I couldn't help but chuckle at the antics on your 7:00 walk. I could picture it all so clearly! I don't know if it was enough to convince me to keep getting up at 5:00 though! LOL What a good pet parent you are!

Kandy
Living the Dream in Cozumel

#4 mexcelia

mexcelia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 431 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, films, snorkeling, walking, swimming, and photography

Posted 15 August 2012 - 11:10 AM

I will be looking for those mugs, lol, and glad it made for a giggle, personally, I'm exhausted :P

#5 crunch

crunch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 628 posts
  • Interests:Snorkeling, dogs, margaritas, beaches, reading, working out, chilling.

Posted 15 August 2012 - 11:51 AM

Oh gosh. Get Nitty a harness like we did for our Collie. Makes a big difference and it prevents tugging on the neck.

I think you need to train them that the walk is when you are ready and not the other way around. I know they can be a pain about it but they would eventually adjust.

I get very tense if peoples unfamiliar/unleashed dogs rush up to mine. It is not personal, but just protective. As soon as I know you and they were cool I would be all good about it and glad to say hi in the AM. So don't rule out sleeping in :)

#6 mexcelia

mexcelia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 12:14 PM

Since she needs a new collar anyway, that's a good idea and probably will get harnesses for both of them. And, I know you're right about the dog rushing, but she really doesn't run full tilt due to her own issues (in the house is a different matter ) and I'm always right behind her assuring them she is amigable, but, for now, 5 it is.......we've come so far in so many other areas that I'm hesitant about enforcing anything else, for now. :)

#7 crunch

crunch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 628 posts
  • Interests:Snorkeling, dogs, margaritas, beaches, reading, working out, chilling.

Posted 16 August 2012 - 12:12 PM

Believe me I know.

We have been trying to teach our 65 pound all muscle 4 year old Collie/Shephard mix not to rush people and animals so he can be off the leash occasionally. No luck yet as he wants to full body hug and kiss everyone and can easily slam them to the ground.

However, with the harness the walks are much more pleasant at least.

Boundless enthusiasm will hopefully mellow with age!

#8 Agnes62

Agnes62

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 12:34 PM

Always enjoy your blogs! I were I were your neighbor - I'd get up and go along with you!

#9 mexcelia

mexcelia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 05:48 PM

went shopping for that harness today, but no luck with sizes.........know of a place with a lot of choices? And, mellowing seems to be my situation, but absolutely not hers, yet. Will be nice if/when it happens........and, Agnes, are you sure? :D

#10 Agnes62

Agnes62

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:29 PM

I am sure - I have two that get me up at 5 every morning. We would be outside waiting for you - with coffee :-)

#11 mexcelia

mexcelia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:15 PM

Okay, now I wish we were neighbors too...........the coffee did it :rolleyes:

#12 GringaErin

GringaErin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:02 PM

I saw a decent selection of harnesses at Mega today. There is also a pet shop on 11 and maybe 20(?) Animalia (?) that might have some too. Good luck!

#13 mexcelia

mexcelia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 05:53 AM

thanks, I'll check out Mega.............didn't have any luck at that pet store, or Chedraui B)

#14 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 09:05 AM

You might check with Ivan at Oasis Animal Hospital. He is on ave 11 y 13 sur.
Which is very near you.

If he doesn't have anything in stock, he may be able to order one in for you.

Ivan speaks perfect English, and is also a very good vet.

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#15 Gator & T

Gator & T

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 09:39 AM

We will be coming to Coz Aug. 26. I'm happy to pick up collars & harnesses for your fur babies if you would like. Just let me know what size, color, style, etc. If you want something specific, you might go to PetSmart.com and see if they have something you want as that's where I will likely go. Our apartment is right across from the park in Corpus Christi so sounds like we're neighbors. We'll be bringing The Bebe', our mini Schnauzer, so maybe she and your fur babies can have a playdate in the park while we're on island, although it won't be at 5 a.m. I do like to sleep as long as The Bebe' will allow me to! (If I'm real lucky and she's real tired, she might let me sleep until 7:30 or 8! But her built-in alarm usually goes off around 7.)

#16 mexcelia

mexcelia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 09:56 AM

thanks, Coz, I'll check with Ivan, appreciate the suggestion, Mega didn't have the right harness size for Metta..........and Gator and T, thanks for the offer....very nice of you, if I can't find the right size (have a dachshund that is a little on the chubby size still, not an easy fit) I just might take you up on that......and, actually decided to split the difference between 5 and 7, so 6 it is and they go outside til I have a cup of coffee now, have to start the training somewhere....... :P, but we go in the afternoons sometimes and a play date would be fun.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users