Jump to content


Invest In Major Medical Insurance

  • Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#21 Coz2wonder



  • Members
  • 5,621 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:20 PM

I forwarded the posts of Cozdaddy to my agent in the states who insures our foreign plated vehicle.

My agent provided me with a detailed email regarding how a foreign vechicle policy works, and what to do incase of an accident. I will provide just the main points from her comments, and recommendations;

On the policy it will state whom to call. You can call the office that sold the policy in the states, and they will direct you to contact the claims adjuster in Mexico City for assistance. They will provide instructions on what, and who will be working with you in a case of a accident.

Skip that part and call the claims adjuster directly.

Make sure you have a phone that can call Mexico City...that is critical.

It will do no good to call an agent on the island, or anywhere else who also may sells the same type of policy (like GNP) because they can only sell insurance to Mexican plated vehicles, and therefore have no obligation or power to provide assistance.

Regarding the case of the 'agent" asking for payment, they can ask for payment as a consultant, but are under no obligation to provide service for a policy they did not write.

My take away was that I need to make sure I understand how my policy works, whom to call and it is up to them to dispatch a claims adjuster to assists me.

I am not saying that Cozdaddy policy and procedures are the same. This is how my policy works for international vehicle insurance.
  • 0

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!


0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users