2 replies to this topic

#1 Steve

Steve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:09 PM

I went out for beer this morning but Mega didn't have any ice. This seems to be a problem about twice a week that costs me an extra stop. Ice at Mega is $13 pesos a bag. Oxxo charges $20 pesos. Sedana charges $13 pesos and it can always be picked up at the ice factory on the cross island road for $12 pesos.

I picked up Trudy and she came with us to the Hotel Play Azul as she could take a latter ferry back.

Posted Image

As I was pulling into the hotel I heard my name being called out. I dropped everyone off and went out to see who it was. Coming across the street was Arturo who runs the restaurant at the Villa Blanca Hotel. He had just opened a new restaurant next to the Lobster House to fill in the void for people that wanted lobster during the day when the other 2 restaurants weren't open.

Posted Image

Arturo took me on a tour of the place. It's not very big but he has had a few customers and the restaurant is still new. I thought his prices were a little high but haven't tried anything he serves.

Posted Image

Posted Image

The kitchen is across the bridge. The place has a nice and quite atmosphere. I wished him luck.

Posted Image

The kids and Trudy had a nice time swimming. We had to leave a little early so Trudy could catch the ferry.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Trudy always brings me strange fruit when she comes. This time I thought she brought me a candle but the fruit just had a waxy coating. I forget the name of it but I didn't care for it. Kind of white and pulpy inside with a lot of seeds. I have nothing to compare the taste to.

Posted Image

#2 ccannon707

ccannon707

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 07:34 PM

It's Pitaya fruit aka Dragon Fruit. It is wild looking - bright pink with sort of an outer space-ish shape. Comes into season in the mid to late summer. I like it, but it has to be ripe. I eat it like I eat a mango = over the sink :P

...Christine

I drink to forget, but I eat to remember.... so it all balances out

.· `·. ><((((º> .· `·. <º))))>< ,·. ..· `·. .· `·. <º))))>< .· `·.

#3 segarn

segarn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 11:00 AM

Great pictures...thanks for sharing. I just started looking at your trip reports and cannot stop now lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users