• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 kathy_paamul

kathy_paamul

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 10:24 AM

Has anyone ever used this property manager to reserve a property? I'm just hoping that someone else has used them and actually were able to stay in the house they rented because I'm starting to wonder if these guys can handle a reservation. If you use them, keep your sense of humor intact or you'll go insane with frustration.

#2 Valli

Valli

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 569 posts
  • Interests:Travel, cooking, bike riding,

Posted 28 September 2012 - 05:12 PM

Kathy, I have used this company many times over the years. At one time they were almost the only company around for vacation rentals in Cozumel. A few years ago, there were some internal issues involving some major fraud and theft by one of their key managers on the island, and in some more recent instances, they seem to have fallen by the wayside somewhat in terms of service, client relations, etc. For the most part, my experiences have been positive, but there have been challenges. There is more competition out there now, they need to stay on top of things to remain competitive. I have continued to rent from them for the most part, as they have a couple of properties that I did want for my stay, and they know my requirements. Sometimes, depending on the property you are considering, you can deal with the owner directly and they will "smooth the way" for you with the vacation company.
The representatives on the island have been with the company for many years - these are the people assigned to assist you once you arrive at the property. They have been pretty good, and 2 or 3 years ago, they hired a new manager who also resides on the island. My experience has been dealing with them directly while on the island has been far more positive. Part of the problem (my opinion) was not enough attention paid to ongoing maintenance issues, there are times the company or the owner has to be willing to spend some money and put some effort into keeping the home at an acceptable standard for rental purposes.
They do seem to have good maids and the homes are very clean.
It sounds to me as though you are having issues with the Colorado office, and that has been my experience as well. You have to be persistent, keep putting things in writing, make sure you have all the responses you need to make you feel comfortable. One time I did a home booked and they called me before my arrival to advise there were some problems with the roof and they upgraded me to a beautiful home closeby with no additional charge. If you arrive and there is an issue with the house that is major, they will upgrade you at now extra cost.
My advice wouold be - if you aren't feeling secure or comfortable, go elsewhere. If there is any way I can help you out, send me a p.m. I now have a reasonably good working relationship with the contact in Colorado (who has only been there for about a year) and have dealt with the company owner as well. I hope this will work out for you.

Valli

#3 mslf500

mslf500

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 875 posts
  • Interests:Snow boarding, Diving, Spearfishing, Driving Formula Cars really fast, Mountain biking.

Posted 29 September 2012 - 07:08 PM

Renting a condo should be a seamless and painless issue. Accepting pain, frustration or a sense of humor to make a reservation while possibly spending thousands of dollars on one's vacation is a senseless waste of time. My suggestion would be are that there are numerous companies that do a better job.

I rent condos all of the US, when I get the runaround or lack of attention, I move on.

www.CozumelCondominium.com
Nah Ha 602

#4 Valli

Valli

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 569 posts
  • Interests:Travel, cooking, bike riding,

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:22 AM

I would agree that rending a condo or property should not make you feel frustrated and questioning the reliability of the rental. As mslf500 and I stated - there are some very good companies associated with rentals in Cozumel. If they are professional, they will respond quickly to our inquiries and assist you in finding a place that meets your requirements and price point. On occasion, I have rented directly from the owner and those experiences have also been positive.
Just do a google search on vacation rentals in Cozumel and you can come up with many options. Keep us posted.

Valli

#5 cobra269

cobra269

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:22 AM

For the last 2 years I have used VRBO when renting a condo. I dealt directly with the owners which was nice and very easy to work with. Both had someone on hand that met us when we arrive and was our point of contact on the island if we needed anything. Also the price was less than going through a property management company and since we stay 2 wks or more we were given a discount.

#6 Kosmo

Kosmo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:30 PM

We have used them many times over the years and have never had any issues with them. Very dependable in our case.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users