Photo

1St "Norte" Of The 2012 - 2013 Season...!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 TRAVELER89

TRAVELER89

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:53 AM

The 1st "Norte" of the 2012 - 2013 season..., was welcomed in by a 3 to 4 hour "kick butt", "sound and light show" early this morning! This is the first "true norte" of the season for us, but it is part of the 4th cold front to affect Mexico this year. Cozumel has received 6 to 8 inches of rain bringing street and low area flooding...., some schools are closed due to standing water. CAPA is reporting that 150 water wells are out due to power problems, some area could experience a shortage of "agua potable". Our rescue pets, 2 cats and dog, like pets of others, all had their bags packed and ready to move back into the house this morning. Lila, our neurotic dog, want no part of being outside during an electrical storm, during Wilma she chewed and clawed her way thru a wooden, louved, bathroom door.

#2 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
  • Interests:reading, singing, movies, family & friends, good food, travel

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:27 PM

Whoa! Thanks for the excellent report, Traveller. AJ and I are off the island this month and missed all the fun. The rain will be great for the 28 new trees we've planted in the corner lot next to our compound that we were finally able to acquire last year.

I have heard it said that the first genuine norte of the year usually signals the end of hurricane season. What has your experience been with this?

#3 CZMDM

CZMDM

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:17 PM

There were 3 Nortes last year prior to Rina. However I think the season is about near the end.

Cozumel Diving

#4 mike_s

mike_s

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:49 AM

There were 3 Nortes last year prior to Rina. However I think the season is about near the end.

Another one should be blowing through San Miguel soon if it does not stall out. It is the coldest one so far this year here in Austin....cool dry air for sure, supposed to be 55 at night Friday. Brrrrrr. Maybe this means another year with no hurricanes for our little island.

#5 mslf500

mslf500

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 875 posts
  • Interests:Snow boarding, Diving, Spearfishing, Driving Formula Cars really fast, Mountain biking.

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:56 AM

Time for the National Hurricane Service to revise their estimates so they can claim 100% accuracy.

www.CozumelCondominium.com
Nah Ha 602

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users