• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 luvfish

luvfish

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:05 AM

Went to 'EL COCTELITO " resturant and had fish dinner.The prices are good and fish was incredible. The owner is a taxi van driver and gets fresh fish every day.His family runs the resturant
Went back a second time to try fajitas and that dish was awesome as well.
the address is 20 ave between 17 and 19 down from the corpus cristi church (same side)
they serve lunch and dinner
phone number is 876-1478
TRY IT

#2 mstevens

mstevens

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 852 posts
  • Interests:Diving, Ducatis, Dorkdom

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:35 AM

Yeah. I like El Coctelito a lot. Decent prices, too.

#3 pato52

pato52

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 771 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:25 AM

Thanks for this posting. I just saw this place my last trip and did not see any signage with the name. Glad it is getting good reviews.

Any idea when they opened in this location?

#4 crunch

crunch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 626 posts
  • Interests:Snorkeling, dogs, margaritas, beaches, reading, working out, chilling.

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:07 PM

Anybody have a picture so I can recognize it?

#5 cozitsnice

cozitsnice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts
  • Interests:relaxing, singing, friends, my dogs, adventure, entrepreneurship, reading, laughing, coffee

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:37 PM

The grand opening was in mid February. I remember beacause that's when we moved here and we were fresh off the car ferry. crunc h, you can't miss it. It's about mid block between 17 and 19 on 20 and has iron gates. Pretty big place, has a kids playground type of thing inside. West side of the street. Very very good food, I have been seeing a "fresh dorado" sign there for a couple of weeks and have been meaning to go back but haven't yet. I'm gonna be sorry if I don't make it back while they're still serving dorado.

#6 Oregongirl1

Oregongirl1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:32 PM

I ran across this place the other day. The staff is very friendly and the food is awesome an prices are reasonable. Try the seafood soup.... AMAZING

#7 hillbilly

hillbilly

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 306 posts
  • Interests:Retired here in Cozumel and loving it

Posted 17 October 2012 - 08:34 PM

this place is wonderful,two blocks from home.They have bacon wrapped shrimp that was at least 4 inches long.We wanted a half order and they must have given us the whole thing. By the time we got our very fresh fish dinner we were really full.They do advertise fresh dorado and while we are no food expert it was delicious.
Two blocks down from the corpus Christi church,cannot miss it as everything else is houses.
English speaking waiter helps, menu in english and spanish.

#8 TheOptimist

TheOptimist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:46 PM

Another positive review. We had a great fresh seafood dinner with drinks and dessert for about $40. I had Mahi Mahi and my wife had the garlic shrimp.Freddie our waiter was great and the owner Alvaro spent some time with us as well.
Right now he closes at around 7:30 pm so get there early.

#9 lovecoz

lovecoz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:39 AM

Really great, affordable fish and seafood and they now have home delivery: 987- 120- 1503. They are open from 11:30 to 7:30pm (and soon to 8pm)
The first time we tried the shrimp’s fajitas, the coconut shrimps. The second time we had breaded shrimps, as well. They have 4 or 5 ways of serving them. We tried home delivery, the food arrive in good time, and was delicious. They have a great delivery menu: fish, shrimps, chicken, beef and shrimps fajitas etc.
I asked for the servicio a domicilio menu and they gave me the take-out menu with a magnet that you put on your fridge. All with a smile,I felt welcome.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users