6 replies to this topic

#1 dawnb

dawnb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 589 posts
  • Interests:Snorkeling, cooking, gardening, jewelry making, reading

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:24 PM

American Airlines changed our connection time to 50 minutes from our usual 2 hours when we land in Dallas and fly to Cozumel in December. This makes me nervous. Our puddle jumper to Dallas has us valet checking our rollaboards, to be picked up, wasting precious minutes. Is this going to be enough time, or should I get on the horn to AA?

#2 hillbilly

hillbilly

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 306 posts
  • Interests:Retired here in Cozumel and loving it

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:53 PM

flying to Coz 50 min is normal for them.Flying back no way

#3 dawnb

dawnb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 589 posts
  • Interests:Snorkeling, cooking, gardening, jewelry making, reading

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:01 PM

We've always had the 2 hour window flying in. Having to wait for the valet suitcase pickup, then taking
the shuttle from B Concourse to D Concourse, and with AA's current track record of 56% on time, I'm still nervous.

The trip back, no problem with the 4 hour layover.

#4 pato52

pato52

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 771 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:32 AM

We have had to make connections on AA and CO with only 45 minutes to spare. We also were coming from smaller planes to larger Cozumel flight connections. We have not missed a flight yet, but all the stars have to be aligned. We just keep our fingers crossed and move quickly.

Good luck

#5 DONO

DONO

Resident Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:46 PM

We've done it too. Not fun but do-able. I'd skip the valet and hoof it on your own. You can get a terminal map online and find your best route.

Dono
It's those changes in latitudes!

#6 zman96

zman96

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:49 AM

If they are on an American Eagle flight they can't skip the valet check on their roller bags. We have made connections that tight in DFW, just make sure you know exactly where you are going when you arrive and get to the closest tram station.

#7 MarkC

MarkC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:52 PM

american screwed us on our "direct" flights to belize too - canceled them! then put us from dfw to mia - with 45 min layover! WTH are these people thinking? That we're OJ Simpson in a hertz commercial????????

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
“Corona con lima, Corona with lime... Todo el tiempo, hey all of the time... Con mucho gusto, I’m havin such a good time... Corona con lima, Corona with lime...”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users