• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 keithert

keithert

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 06:04 PM

Last year we rented from Thrifty at the Cozumel Iberostar and took all of the insurance packages. We were asked to sign a blank accident report form. I did and had no issues with the vehicle and got the same form back after the rental. Signing a blank form made me very nervous and I don't want to do that again. Has anyone else been asked to sign a blank form? I e-mailed Thrifty about that and they said to call the location to ask about their policies.

#2 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,619 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:16 PM

perhaps they have changed the policy in the year since you have rented from them.

I can see absolutely no business or personal reason for having anyone sign any document prior to use.

Who says they are going to use that signed document by you on the vehicle you rented, at the time you rented?

Unless there is a compelling reason to sign such a document, I would have declined, and gone elsewhere.

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#3 keithert

keithert

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:07 AM

I called the location today and asked them about this policy. The agent said it was required to fill out the form. Where else is a good place to rent there?

#4 zman96

zman96

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:30 AM

I will check it out with Thrifty on Friday at the airport. We have not been asked to sign this before and I won't now. I will speak with Carmen and try to see if we can get clarification. If they require it, I will just use Isis again.

#5 crunch

crunch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 627 posts
  • Interests:Snorkeling, dogs, margaritas, beaches, reading, working out, chilling.

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:11 PM

No way! That would be a deal breaker.

#6 keithert

keithert

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:07 PM

This was at the Iberostar location, not the airport.

#7 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,619 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:07 AM

it should not make any difference where the vehicle is pick up from. That would be a dead giveaway if one rental site does not require this signed accident report, and the other did.

There are plenty of rental agencies on the island...it depends on the type of vehicle you want, and what your budget is.

BUY THE FULL INSURANCE COVERAGE...

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#8 MarkC

MarkC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:45 AM

I got in trouble at the local park for lining all the squirrels up in order of height, they didn't like me critter sizing.

LOL
“Corona con lima, Corona with lime... Todo el tiempo, hey all of the time... Con mucho gusto, I’m havin such a good time... Corona con lima, Corona with lime...”

#9 Oregongirl1

Oregongirl1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 12:08 PM

If you are wanting to rent a vehicle go online and reserve do not wait until you get to Cozumel airport. You get a better deal this way and then the timeshare sales people will leave you alone if you already have a reservation. They always try to get you that way by saying 20.00 a day rental fee for a car.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users