Need Mold Treatment And Painter........

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 mexcelia

mexcelia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 431 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, films, snorkeling, walking, swimming, and photography

Posted 23 October 2012 - 08:12 AM

Does anyone know someone who can eradicate the mold on my deck and then paint? And, does Comex carry a Lime Prime product, or something similar to help prevent mold? Thanks :)

#2 Coz Crazy

Coz Crazy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:automotive restoration, property design and upgrades, our island home, anything it takes to keep my bride smiling

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:57 AM

Greetings Mexcelia, your deck in question, concrete,tile,?? i have had the same issue. A pail of water w/ a cup of bleach and a long handle hard bristle brush. Not only will it take care of the mold but will also clean out the fine dust and dirt particles that should not be there prior to paint. Then rinse with clean water. Let it dry several days before applying any surface color or primer. You don't want any remaining moisture under the top coat. Any good paint dealer will carry the mold resistant paint. I perform the bleach clean each 6 to 8 weeks, not only retards the mold but keeps the paint looking fresh. This is just my way, others may have similar or different thoughts??

#3 mexcelia

mexcelia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 431 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, films, snorkeling, walking, swimming, and photography

Posted 24 October 2012 - 06:51 AM

Thanks for the info Coz, and my deck is concrete, quite large, and often damp in certain areas all the time........I have used the bleach and scrubber, but it seems to come back fairly quickly......sprayed just white vinegar yesterday after the bleach scrub to see if that deters............think I can just paint in between treatments?

#4 pjgoris

pjgoris

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:27 AM

We use the power washer on our sidewalks. Not sure if you can do that with your deck or not but works great...We needed to do it after all of the rain we have had and looks clean now.....Hope this can help

#5 mexcelia

mexcelia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:57 AM

You know, that's an idea.........my landlord has one, think I'll see if I can borrow it, the deck is quite large and it seems as soon as I finish one area another begins............now that my mural is almost finished I want the rest of the deck/garden area to look nice (and be a healthy environment) as well, thanks

#6 bulsaros

bulsaros

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Interests:Glasgow Rangers Football Club

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:51 PM

Mex, looking forward to seeing the mural once it's finished

#7 mexcelia

mexcelia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:59 AM

Will be posting pics soon...... B)

#8 tintorera

tintorera

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:16 PM

Does anyone know someone who can eradicate the mold on my deck and then paint? And, does Comex carry a Lime Prime product, or something similar to help prevent mold? Thanks :)

check in box

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users