October 2012 - 6

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 DanB

DanB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 484 posts
  • Interests:Dan:history/culture;scuba diving;photography;music; Claudia:artist

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:19 AM

The next day (Wednesday) Doug and I dove and Bernardo walked around. After the dives we met up at La Candela and had a very nice lunch.

Posted Image

Then we went food shopping and started cooking for a dinner party we were giving that night for Pancho and his family. The evening started with a great sunset.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Pancho and Carla came over early to help with the cooking.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Pancho made some Ceviche de Pulpo (octopus ceviche).

Posted Image

Bernardo made some fresh salsa.

Posted Image

I made meatballs with chipole in adobo sauce. The recipe called for 2 chipotle chiles in adobo. I misread the directions and put in 2 cans of chipotle chiles in adobo. Nobody complained that it was not spicey enough. During dinner Pancho remarked that it is a trick for cooks in Cozumel when they don't have quite enough food to go around, they put more chiles in so that people will eat less.

Posted Image

Pancho's daughters Daniela (older) and Aitana (younger).

Posted Image

Pancho's brother Julio and his family.

Posted Image

For desert we had bought a Tres Leches cake from Zermatt's. Aitana (now 3 yrs old) is a great fan of sponge bob. I brought a printout of a sponge bob image and gave it to the guys at Zermatt's. They put the image on the top of the cake for me in icing. The kids loved the decoration everyone else loved the cake.

Posted Image

#2 segarn

segarn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:33 AM

Great pics...thanks for posting.

Question: how was the cake? My wife has yet to find cake she likes in Cozumel...something about the texture being too moist compared to cakes she is used to here (Canada). I am not a sweet fan, so they all taste the same to me lol.

#3 DanB

DanB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 484 posts
  • Interests:Dan:history/culture;scuba diving;photography;music; Claudia:artist

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:48 PM

Zermatt's makes three kinds of cakes, Tres Leches (which was not overly moist to my taste), a chocolate cake, and a tira misu cake. They sell them all by the slice, and then also sell whole cakes. Go in and try them, a slice at a time and see what you think.

#4 segarn

segarn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:45 AM

Zermatt's makes three kinds of cakes

Good to know...will have to try them out.

thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users