Photo

Kudos to Fratelli's, Tres Marias, and La Herradura!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 alma

alma

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 03:09 PM

We had dinner for the first time at Fratelli's last week. It is a small Italian restaurant on 65th between calle 13 and 15. It was great! All 4 of us raved about our meals; from pizza and pasta to seafood. The inside ambiance is very pleasing. The staff was very kind, particularly in view of our limited Spanish! The salads, including Caprese, were as good or better than most. We were there after 7 p.m. so they are open later. They have wine available at decent prices. The food is also very reasonably priced. We also had dinner at Rolandi's. It was good and the view is wonderful. However, Fratelli's was better. We always go to Tres Marias on 65th for local dishes. They are wonderful if you haven't tried it. Finally, La Herradura on 30th is always terrific. The pizza and chicken fajitas were great and, unfortunately for our diets, the desserts were delicious! They have a very varied menu and are open for dinner until late. They don't serve alcohol but you can BYOB.

We are most fortunate to have such wonderful restaurants on the island!

#2 Coz_Aholic

Coz_Aholic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 733 posts
  • Interests:Travel, Diving, Fishing, and of course FAMILY!

Author of Cozumel The Complete Guide II

Posted 19 April 2010 - 05:06 PM

The only thing about Tres Marias is that after everyone spread the word about how good and how inexpesive they were...they not only raised prices, but doubled them in most cases.

#3 Linkslady

Linkslady

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 03:16 PM

Thanks for the tip on Fratellis.. we LOVE La Herradura and had delivery last week.

I've only been to Las Tres Marias once and that was back in November and I wasn't impressed with the food.. but that's my opinion. It was a nice restaurant and perhaps we'll give it another shot next month..

#4 MexFan2

MexFan2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 03:43 PM

Also like Fratellis--very good. Also not have impressed with Tres Maris--nor were my local friends. They wont go back.

#5 Coz_Aholic

Coz_Aholic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 733 posts
  • Interests:Travel, Diving, Fishing, and of course FAMILY!

Author of Cozumel The Complete Guide II

Posted 20 April 2010 - 09:02 PM

I went looking for Fretellis when I had to be up that way, but could not find it...landmarks please?

#6 divadiver

divadiver

Guru

• Members
  • 2,666 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 07:51 AM

Stopped by last night. The location is between calles 15 & 17, west side of 65.

It's a small place, set back a bit, so look for a green canopy with white rope lights. They usually have a blackboard type menu of front and/or someone standing near the curb.

Please support this restaurant, the owner Gabriel told me they are struggling and my need to sell. Gabriel worked for Rolandi's for 8 yrs in Cancun & Isla Mujeres.

The food is great, prices reasonable & it has a nice ambience.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users