• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 DESERA

DESERA

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:28 PM

Hello, could someone please get me the ins and outs of Park Royal, we have read so many different things. like you can't have food or drinks in your room? I don't think that could be true but you never know. Please help with us trying to decide what to do.

#2 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,621 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:58 PM

There are SOOOOOO many hotels to choose from it would be easier to describe what you want, and what your price point is.

Also, what time of the year are you planning your trip has a lot to do with the pricing, and availability.

PR is within a few meters of the cruise ship piers, and is removed from town heading south.

The beach is accessed through a tunnel that runs under the street.

It's an AI...there is such GREAT food to be had all around the island it would be a shame to miss the dining experience.

Here's the website for PR, I'd ask them directly what the restriction are. http://www.parkroyal...l_inclusive.asp

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#3 Freezin' Canuck

Freezin' Canuck

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:41 AM

Have stayed at the Park Royal for about ten years. Good AI hotel and excellent chefs and service in three restaurants and other fast food places on site-never a problem about eating or drinking in the room. If you want a complete break, nice place, and snorkeling right there. Drawbacks: pretty far from town-about a good forty minute walk each way or around 80 pesos taxi. Sometimes can be a bit loud with all the free booze, unless you're one of the drunks. Leave your credit card at home unless you want to risk being pressured into buying a time share-unconscionable. Hotel is fine, but the membership in Royal Holidays (a separate time share entity) has been an exceptionally bad experience for me. Agree with Coz2Wonder though about being in town-lots of great places to enjoy. Finally bit the bullet and bought a place uptown. AI nice for a very brief stay, but not for longer.

#4 julied

julied

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:26 AM

My husband and I have stayed at PR for about 6 years. We are members, it has worked well for us. If you stay there, just say no to a meeting to purchase. People get into the car freebie for a day, then are angry because it took 90 minutes of their time. Nothing is free!!! The restaurants are nice, food is good. We enjoy the two private restaurants. It can get loud, but I think any AI can. Never had a problem with food in room. The beach area is small but nice, good snorkeling. They now have two infinity pools on the left and right of the beach. Both with swim up bars. Very nice. You should go into town, we always do. Sunday nites are great on the square. There are some very nice restaurants in town also. Please do not miss the intown experience. Cozumel is a wonderful place with fantastic people. You need to experience it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users