• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 Shawn01

Shawn01

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:16 PM

Hey guys...quick moving-related question: Does anyone know a better way to get in touch with Marcos Mohoric than through email?

I've got his hotmail email address (marcosmohoric@hotmail.com), but if anyone has a local number to reach him, that'd be great. :-)

Thanks!!
Shawn

Edit: October 2013

I want everyone to know that Marcos came through on our delivery. 

There are only two items still pending and those look to be resolved soon.

The delays were due to logistics and we are really happy to have our things.

Thanks Marcos!!

#2 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:52 PM

these are the two number I have for Marcos, but he does not live in Cozumel. His base of operations is in Laredo, Tx.

These are current number as of Sept of this year.
Cel phones is 956 284 82 70. Cel 524 151 224 099 nextel mex.

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#3 Shawn01

Shawn01

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:20 PM

I'll give those a try. Thanks so much! :-)

Shawn

#4 Shawn01

Shawn01

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:59 PM

Well, that's something! I reached his voicemail on the first number and that's better than nothing. No reply of course...

Marcos keeps promising delivery but never delivers on his promises. He's had our furniture for a year and a half and my wife & I are truly running out of patience. If anyone talks to Marcos, please have him call me. He's got my number. Or email me. (He's got that too.)

Thanks guys ~
Shawn

#5 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:47 PM

Update...Marcos emailed me and said that he believes he will be able to solve "Shawn's" problem in the next couple of weeks...

"Teacher" you also made a post, and if you can provide information as to what your issues are, then perhaps their is a resolution.

I am making an effort to support both sides. I was the one who found Marcos in the first place, and have disclosed his shortcoming (you sometimes don't know where your stuff is). I also don't think it is fair to Marcos to allow posts to stand without facts.

Back to Shawn original post which I think it's important to review based on the comments I received from Marcos.

I spoke via email with Marcos today...he described someone by the name of Shawn (not sure if it's the same Shawn).

The question is this, are you the Shawn with your household items sitting his Marcos warehouse in the states that WAS moved from Mexico to the US?

This was the message I received from Marcos;
"Shawn is a customer that i had a year ago moving him from mexico to the usa his stuff is in the warehouse. In the us unfortunately she did not want to pay to deliver to reno nevada hoping for a consolidated. Unfortunately in this business not everybody is going to like me. Shea being load when he only paid me $800 from guanajuato mexico to reno nevada.

My only interest is hearing both sides of the story. That is the fair thing to do.

I will also ask him for his position on the other complaints that have been posted here to be fair to all.

It will then be up to the client to decide if they choose to do business with Marcos once the facts are known.

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#6 teacher

teacher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Interests:teaching,reading, cooking, movies, photography, marine biology

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:00 PM

Ok, Paula. Of course you found him..sure. You are correct. I realize now it is important to you that you found him. My apologies. Please refrain from posting anything to me about this. It is not your business. It is mine to post as I see fit. Thank you.
Thanks!

#7 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:18 PM

my point of saying I "found" Marcos was not to brag, but to show I feel some responsibility.

If you didn't get that, that's not my problem.

If you want to discuss your concerns, and problems FINE

If you want to be rude and not resolve your problem, that's fine too. But, your not going to use this forum to run down a vendor without FACTS.

Anonymous

#8 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:57 PM

I have no sympathy for snide remarks...what is your complaints?

You have used a public forum to imply something negative about Marcos...now it's time to lay it out.

Your memory is fuzzy because NOBODY knew about Marcos prior to me hiring him.

This should teach me, why bother when all you get is BS.

Sorry, my bad...

Anonymous

#9 teacher

teacher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:16 PM

Of course. Have a nice evening.
Thanks!

#10 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:38 PM

so far in both complaints no facts have been presented to deter anyone from using Marcos as a shipper.

You have GOT TO BE SMART and spell out exactly what your expectations are.

I am pro business, but if there is a problem find out exactly what the issues are, and address them.

In these two cases, no facts where presented that could be addressed.

It is up to the individual to know what they want, and how to negotiate to get it.

The reason that I found, and choose Marcos over Allied/United Van lines is the difference between $22,000 usd's and $7,000 usd's...it's a risk, but I was willing to take it and it turned out good for me and many others.

Teacher, I am sorry that you have chosen to be condescending to me, but I'll be more then happy to help with Marcos if you need me to be.

Anonymous

#11 teacher

teacher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:02 PM

ok
Thanks!

#12 Shawn01

Shawn01

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:09 PM

Hey guys. I'm the Shawn who is working with Marcos. As I've said previously, it's been a year and a half since he picked up our furniture and my wife & I are running out of patience (and we're actually very patient people, so that's saying a lot!) When I met Marcos he had just finished a job for our downstairs neighbor and he came across as a nice, trustworthy guy. So when it came time to move our furniture back to the states we went with Marcos. We paid him in full to move our belongings to a Las Vegas storage facility that he said he had access to. A few days later, he wrote to say that he would deliver direct to Reno but it would have to be when he was able to do it. I was okay with this. I knew going into it that my wife & I would have to be flexible (and we are).

Every new promise has been met by another new promise and this has been going on for a year and a half now.

And patience is running out...

For example, here's what Marcos wrote back in July of 2011:
Sent: Thursday, July 21, 2011 9:56 AM
Subject: Re: Muebles a EEUU

Amigo disculpame y estoy muy apenado contigo sigo en carretera por tanto no había podido contéstarte ya no te daré más vueltas y en 2 semanas tendrá tus cosas
Enviado desde mi Blackberry® 3G de Iusacell

#13 Guest_Ocean breezes_*

Guest_Ocean breezes_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:18 PM

I can understand all parties involved, but get over it. “Life’s tough get a helmet” .The post has decreased significantly and I prefer to spend my time on the Island and enjoy my life rather than read he said/she said garbage.

#14 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
  • Interests:reading, singing, movies, family & friends, good food, travel

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:30 PM

I am getting the impression that Marcos possibly may have become unreliable -- for whatever reason. Paula, I know you feel responsible because you originally recommended him. And because you've come to know and trust him from your dealings with him, you feel the need to speak up and be sure that both sides of the story are told.

I say kudos to you for that loyalty also for your sense of responsbility in trying to get the full picture here in the interest of protecting other people down the line if this turns out to be really necessary.

As to Shawn, you make a pretty good case for not going with Marcos, I'm afraid. I think the ball is in his park to defend himself if he wants to continue to receive rec.s from these forums and I'm sure Paula would be the first to agree with this.

Right now I have to say that I'm inclined to believe Shawn's measured response

#15 Shawn01

Shawn01

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:36 PM

Thanks for the kind words, Carey. I really don't want to screw things up for anyone I just really want my things. :-(

And to Ocean Breezes, I agree that life is tough...but "get over it" is not an option when your delivery person still has your things a year and a half later. Honestly, it ends up ruining your day every time your wife brings it up (which, trust me, is often).

Shawn

#16 CZMDM

CZMDM

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:09 PM

I can understand all parties involved, but get over it. “Life’s tough get a helmet” .The post has decreased significantly and I prefer to spend my time on the Island and enjoy my life rather than read he said/she said garbage.

Been bent lately Tubby?

Cozumel Diving

#17 Shawn01

Shawn01

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:50 PM

Hi everyone. I didn't want to leave this post about Marcos just hanging (which wouldn't be fair to him), so I wanted to give you all a quick update. I just heard from him yesterday and his message is promising. I've included it with this post, below. It's in Spanish, but I know you all can deal with that. :)

Here goes: "Claro antes de Navidad, y tengo que acabar todos mis compromisos antes de esto, y aproxima el 15 al 20 de este mes."

So I am hopeful that this time Marcos comes through. Over the last year and a half my wife & I have rec'd other promises like this one but hopefully this time will prove different. My fingers are very much x'd. Keep you posted!! -Shawn

#18 Shawn01

Shawn01

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:55 AM

Hey everyone. Just a quick update on the ongoing saga of this 18-month fiasco...Marcos has failed again to deliver on his promise. "Claro antes de Navidad" was his latest promise and my wife & I really expected Marcos to come through this time and deliver between the 15th and 20th of December. He even sent us a pic of our things, so everything was looking really promising. But here we are on the 23rd and still nothing... :(

Who knows, maybe Marcos will buck the trend and show up in the next few days.

If/when that happens, I'll make sure to let you all know. Merry x-mas everyone! ~Shawn

#19 teacher

teacher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:10 PM

I am so sorry that you are going through this. I know how frustrating it is. After 4 years we have finally given up and realized that we will never get our things delivered by Marcos. I wish you the best of luck and Merry Christmas.
Thanks!

#20 jic811

jic811

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:57 PM

It appears this Marcos has stolen your property and the whole world should know including the government to see if he can be prosecuted for theft.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users