#21 Kandy

Kandy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts
  • Interests:Enjoying retired life!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 09:48 AM

Were we just incredibly lucky? When we hired Marcos 2 years ago, he said our things would be here in 2 weeks. It took 4, but everything arrived at my door in perfect condition. All of this that I've been reading is really disheartening. I even met with Marcos a few months ago about a business deal - it didn't work out, so maybe again I was lucky!

I'm sorry to hear that you've all had such bad experiences.

Kandy
Living the Dream in Cozumel

#22 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:39 PM

Ya know, I trust my instincts, and a seasoned appreciation of who to trust, and who not too.

I have used Marcos twice, and would recommend him again.

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#23 Kandy

Kandy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts
  • Interests:Enjoying retired life!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:01 PM

I've given this whole thing some thought today. I agree with Coz2Wonder. Based on my experiences and all of my conversations before and after my move, I do trust Marcos and will continue to recommend him. He has give me no reason to think of him otherwise.

Kandy
Living the Dream in Cozumel

#24 Shawn01

Shawn01

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:32 PM

Hey everyone. Quick update... Got an email from Marcos yesterday saying that he's found another moving company (Mark Evans Moving?) which will finish the job.

This is what Marcos wrote: "Ok, me dice Mark que él lo puede entregar. Mañana me da un día, probablemente está para el 9 o 10 de este mes. Mañana te confirmo."

So it looks like there's a chance that we'll have our things by the 9th or 10th. So once again, we're hopeful. :-)

Like others on the forum, I met Marcos and thought highly of him. He comes across as trustworthy. Our downstairs neighbor had used him and although he was late with her delivery, he did come through for her as promised. So when it came time to choose someone, we went with Marcos. It's been year and a half but every time he makes a new promise, there's a tiny part of me that believes him. Maybe we're being naive, we still believe we'll get our things.

Hopefully we'll have some good news by mid-month. It'll be soooo nice to have this over and done with.

~Shawn

#25 Shawn01

Shawn01

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:40 AM

This is the follow up on this disaster-of-a-delivery, as promised. At this point, my wife & I do not believe ANYTHING that our vendor tells us. Any help that any of you can provide is much apprec'd. Maybe even an email to Marcos will help. (His email address is marcosmohoric@hotmail.com)

Marcos' most recent promise was that someone named "markevansmuving@hotmail.com" would be delivering our things around the 9th or 10th of this month. (The misspelling of the word "muving" might have been a clue that something was not quite right with this.) Well, after receiving a couple of emails from that email address, try as I may, I can't get a phone number for this "person". Marcos keeps saying he'll get it to me but day after day goes by and he does not.

As a business owner myself, I can tell you that promises to clients are critically important. So after more than a year and a half of waiting for our things (we're four months away from two years!) and more lies & deception than anyone should have to deal with, the only advice I can give - from actual experience - is NEVER, EVER do business with this guy. Honestly, if he treats us this way he can treat anyone this way.

But we're not giving up on this. Again, any help is very much apprec'd. I'll keep you guys posted... ~Shawn

#26 hillbilly

hillbilly

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 306 posts
  • Interests:Retired here in Cozumel and loving it

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:22 PM

Oldest trick in the book for moving companies is to hold the goods and demand more money. I know people here who think highly of this guy but he is a crook.

#27 Shawn01

Shawn01

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:00 PM

Just a quick update, as promised...Marcos still has our things and despite promise after promise, we're at almost 2 years now on this "delivery".

Here's what he wrote in his last email to me from Feb 26: "Yo ando viajando, en tres días estaré en Laredo. Deje que llegue a Laredo y te hablo"

And here we are a third of the way into March and not a single phone call.

My wife and I have been waiting almost two years now for our furniture... In my book, when someone takes your things and your money and does not give them back to you, that man is a thief. Unfortunately, Marcos is proving himself to be a genuine thief.

Hopefully we'll have a better update on this in the weeks to come -
Shawn

#28 Pilot

Pilot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:04 PM

I'm glad I found this thread:

I too have been absolutely robbed by Marcos Mohoric. I am currently reviewing my email exchanges with him, and they read like a nightmare. Constant lies, false dates, promises, etc.

Run, do not walk, away from this thief.

He picked up my furniture 3 weeks after he was due to arrive (in PA), making the logistics of being there impossible...I live in Cozumel but flew to PA to coordinate the moving with his stated arrival. Transmission problems, flat tires, etc... as mentioned, he arrived 3 weeks late.

He eventually delivered some of my items, but not all, 5 weeks after the promised arrival date. Communication throughout the constant waiting and worrying was sparse at best, and when he did communicate, it was a false date. At least 10 different times.

Marcos Mohoric STILL has personal items of mine, supposedly in his bodega in Guanajuato. He has been promising to deliver these things for months.

I have his address Stateside. I am going to begin proceedings against him tomorrow, starting with a polite (pleading) call to the police in Laredo Texas, then issuing a demanda with authorities in Guanajuato.

This guy simply should not be permitted to cross into the USA, take people's personal possessions, then fence them in Mexico. But that is what he's apparently doing.

Shawn, feel free to call me in Cozumel at 987 119 7951. Maybe we can do some form of dual procedure against this thief.... sorry for your troubles, my stuff has been missing for 4 months; I cannot imagine how you're feeling after 2 years.

Full name: Marcos Javier Mohoric Salgado / San Miguel Allende / Guanajuato / company link http://www.movingtoc...om/about-us.php

THIEF

Sincerely,
Pilot

#29 Shawn01

Shawn01

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:57 PM

Hi Pilot. I am truly sorry that you're experiencing what we have been going through. And, yes, my wife & I are still waiting.

Throughout the two years we've been waiting, we've rec'd promise after promise, excuse after excuse. It is really, really frustrating. And there are often lengthy silences between Marcos' emails which leaves you wondering daily what is going on...and then his next promise arrives which gives you just enough hope to keep you hanging on.

Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night thinking about our things, the pictures of our kids, the beautiful black armario from Tonala, the original artwork from Guanajuato, etc. I find myself wondering what more I can possibly do to convince Marcos to deliver our things. My wife hates it, and she's at the point of thinking it's all my fault for not being able to "make him deliver". I just wish I knew how to do that.

We rec'd another email from him two days ago so - stupidly - our fingers are crossed once again in the belief that we just may see our things again. Keep me posted, Pilot, and I sincerely hope things turn out better for you than they have so far for us. And if anyone else can think of a way to help with this, it's very much apprec'd.

Best,
Shawn

#30 Pilot

Pilot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:31 PM

Hi Shawn,

Marcos Mahoric is not only a thief, but a pathological liar.

It's a clear pattern we've both experienced, with the occasional encouraging communique, a date cited, and then nothing from this lowlife.

It is difficult to be continually polite, although just this evening I sent him a message via the "whatsapp" software. His most recent lie to me, two weeks ago, was: "Give me a few days, I'll ship your things via Castores, but I need to build a crate". Nothing since.

Sooooo, tonite I asked: "Did you make the crate? Are my items being shipped to Cozumel?"

30 minutes later, this delightful response: "No andes chingado". Thats a direct quote.

I cannot stand thieves. He needs educated. I'm going to help him :)

Pilot

#31 ccannon707

ccannon707

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:49 PM

I think I know what chingado means but I don't get the whole phrase.

I am so so sorry you guys have had this happen. Thank you for putting out the word on this criminal and good luck going after him. Those on the board who had a good experience with Marcos in the past ... consider yourself lucky.

...Christine

I drink to forget, but I eat to remember.... so it all balances out

.· `·. ><((((º> .· `·. <º))))>< ,·. ..· `·. .· `·. <º))))>< .· `·.

#32 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
  • Interests:reading, singing, movies, family & friends, good food, travel

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:36 AM

It translates as "Don't go there, F**ker".

Am I reading correctly that Marcos has a warehouse in Laredo, TX? I don't suppose anyone happens to know the address. I don't suppose his business is incorporated in the US. Yah, that'll be the day. But you never know.

He needs the Texas law coming down on him and they won't be very nice. But they have to be able to find him. Is there any physical way to reach him?

Just from the reports on this small board I can only surmise that he has taken a lot more people in other parts of Mexico and needs to be stopped.

Actually I just looked at his website linked in an earlier post. You could file complaints against him with PROFECO and should both do so immediately. It MIGHT even get your stuff back. Don't know why I didn't think of this before. PROFECO is great, a FEderally funded Mexican consumer protection agency. They've pressured several jewelry companies here into refunding money on take gem sales and, if they can get their mitts on Marcos somewhere in Mexico, they will stop him dead in his tracks at the very least and, as I say, you MIGHT get your stuff back. Be sure to include the url to his website because they can track him down by subpoening his INTERNIC registration for the domain if push comes to shove. It's not that hard.

He appears to be a subcontractor for this company which is the one based in Laredo Texas, http://www.sanmiguelmovers.com/. (Marcos website is movingtocozumel.com). So I guess you've reported him to this company?

Search the forums for PROFECO and you will find the url. If it was Cozumel only I would suggest going to the local office as it is usually faster. But snce he is based, apparently, in San Miguel Allende, go to the national PROFECO website and deflate that chingado's damn balloon. Jeeze Louize!

#33 Pilot

Pilot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:21 AM

Thanks for the support Carey.

Marcos Mahoric's lair in Texas:

1802 Markley Lane
Laredo, TX 78041

I'll keep folks posted on my further adventures with this criminal.

Pilot

#34 TRAVELER89

TRAVELER89

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:56 AM

You may want to contact the Better Business Bureau/BBB in Texas...., for info on "San Miguel Movers", they operate out of Texas! My cousin, they are planning a mega move for 2 houses on the mainland, talked with them(SMM), and waas not happy with all the answers that he recieved

BBB: http://houston.bbb.org/consumers/

You may want to contact the Better Business Bureau/BBB in Texas...., for info on "San Miguel Movers", they operate out of Texas! My cousin, they are planning a mega move for 2 houses on the mainland, talked with them(SMM), and waas not happy with all the answers that he recieved

BBB: http://houston.bbb.org/consumers/

#35 Spencer

Spencer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:12 PM

Hi Guys I did a little googling and came up with this, If these are correct relatives FB sites (both show ties to Coz so most likely so) it seems these 2 guys are relatives and looking at Marcos facebook sites he seems to take a lot of vacations in the US or just scamming more US citizens. Maybe you can get the relative to put some pressure on Marcos or maybe even Marcos wife Heidi...Good Luck I despise people like this!

Movers:

San Miguel Movers, Scott Francisco Mohoric Salgado, 152-4912, 044-415-101-4962, franciscomohoric@yahoo.com

https://www.facebook...f.salgado/about

https://www.facebook....mohoricsalgado

#36 ccannon707

ccannon707

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:52 AM

Thru an online news feed I found this link to GoodMigrations.com concerning companies that help people move overseas. Thought some of you who have had experiences with Marcos might want to contribute your experience. The more the word gets out about this scammer the better.

https://goodmigrationshelps.com/

...Christine

I drink to forget, but I eat to remember.... so it all balances out

.· `·. ><((((º> .· `·. <º))))>< ,·. ..· `·. .· `·. <º))))>< .· `·.

#37 Shawn01

Shawn01

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 06:46 PM

Just a quick FYI, people...

There has been a wee bit of forward progress with our delivery.  Marcos & I had a good talk on the phone (man it's hard getting that guy on the phone), and I've agreed to pay him more money, and he has promised delivery right away. 

After two years of dealing with this cr*p, I can say I'm not happy but I am hopeful. 

I'll keep you all posted,

Shawn

#38 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:59 AM

before you get all weepy, and outragged over this, and other complaints, read ALL the posts.

Start from the beginning, and read forward.

It might put things into prospective.

But, drama, not facts does create excitement.

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#39 Shawn01

Shawn01

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 02:24 PM

With all due respect, Coz, your recommendation is that we who have had our property taken should change our perspective on this? 

Exactly what perspective should someone have after waiting two years for Marcos to delivery and still not having their things?  Should we be just a little more patient?  I can appreciate that some people have had their things delivered, but there appears to be quite a few (including my wife & I) who have lost not only valued property but also the money paid in advance for the delivery.  In my book, that counts as twice robbed by Marcos.

Every day that goes by causes more & more frustration and - given the situation - I think my perspective is rational to say the least... 

In closing, here's a DIRECT QUESTION FOR MARCOS (who apparently reads this forum):  

Eight days ago you told me that you were passing through Kingman AZ heading north to complete our delivery.

You wrote:  "Ando en carretera por kingman Arizona por la 40"

Kingman is only 9 hours from our house.  So tell me: What city are you in now??   I have asked you this literally 10 times, by text msg, by voicemail, and by email.  Why can't you give me an answer?  Where are you and when will you get here with our things?  As I  told you on the phone, if you are unable to deliver my things I will happily fly to wherever you have them stored, rent a Uhaul and do it myself.  Two years is waaaaay too long to wait, Marcos.  Please let me know ASAP.

To everyone else, thanks so much for trying to help with this.  :-)

Fingers still very much x'd,

Shawn

#40 Shawn01

Shawn01

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:57 PM

MARCOS MOHORIC:

Please give me the physical address where you have our things stored. 

I am ready to buy a one-way ticket to wherever you have our things and pick them up myself.

Ater two years of waiting for you, my wife & I have no more patience for your delays.  I would like this done ASAP please  ~ Shawn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users