• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:48 AM

This article by Steven Fry is excellent regarding the who, what, where and how of the Boomers and Mexico.

http://yucalandia.wo...ects-on-mexico/

proper attribution: YucaLandia/Surviving Yucatan.
Steven M. Fry

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#2 cdlu

cdlu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:08 AM

My husband and I are two of the middle class baby boomers (the IRS says I am middle class because I am in the almost 40% tax bracket) that have done what we are supposed to do; got our education, established our careers, raised our kids, paid off our mortgage, both have retirement plans plus stashing cash away. Besides my full time teaching job, I also have two other part time education consultant type jobs that I do (my travel money and pay income taxes money). We are still at least 5-7 years away from retirement and our retirement plans are to be Winter Cozumel Islanders.
Cindy

#3 cozbill

cozbill

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:11 PM

My wife and I purchased a home on Cozumel 8 years ago. Best real estate decision we ever made. We are very lucky, we have a wonderful local family that live across the street. They take care of everything when we aren't there. They pay the bills, water the garden, keep the house clean etc. All for very reasonable compensation. Without such an arrangement it would be very difficult to own a home if you aren't a full time resident. We gave them an ATM card to an account we have in a local bank in the US. They can access the ATM for money when needed. It's worked very well for 8 years. We spend the winter in Coz (Jan.til May) and other trips throughout the year as we can. Talk to locals before you buy, Good luck!
Bill&Cyndi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users