• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 BettyfromToronto

BettyfromToronto

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:50 PM

As I have said we are retiring in Cozumel in 2014. The plan was to sell the house in the spring and close in July or August when most families want to move as the kids are out of school. Well it seems that we cannot fly with our dog as checked baggage between May 1-Oct 31 due to heat restrictions. Yikes. We won't go without here and ship later and we don't want to stay until November so we are looking at selling early and closing in Feb-early April so we can fly all together. Plus it would be a direct flight from Toronto to Cozumel. After April 28th we'd have to go to Cancun and do the bag drag. A real hassle with so much luggage. We thought we'd bring 3 bags each (a dive bag, a 2nd bag/suitcase for $20 and a 3rd suitcase for $50). The rest can be shipped.

Then I got this brainy idea of moving our November 2013 trip to Scuba Club Cozumel to Christmas time. We'd bring our dive bags of course plus a 3rd & 4th suitcase filled with all of our summer clothes. Won't need that in Toronto for the next 3 months. And it is only $20 each for the 2nd checked baggage. Then we would leave them in Cozumel for when we return 2-3 months later.

So here is my question. Where can we store these 3 or 4 bags for a few months? Are there storage options in San Miguel?

Thanks
Betty

Betty
Retired in Cozumel in January 2014

#2 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,621 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:57 PM

There are storage units here, but for the small amt of items that you have to store it would not be worth renting a storage unit. They are huge, and cost $200 usd's per month (I had to rent two of them when I moved my household goods down).

Perhaps someone might have room to store your items.

Sorry, I am sort on space, or I would certainly help out.

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#3 cozitsnice

cozitsnice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts
  • Interests:relaxing, singing, friends, my dogs, adventure, entrepreneurship, reading, laughing, coffee

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:25 PM

I know Cozumel Scuba Repair has storage for people that store their dive equipment. You can contact them for pricing. I haven't seen them but I know they're made for gear mostly. Can fit a bike I think but not a whole unit like the little garage type things.

#4 BettyfromToronto

BettyfromToronto

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:21 AM

Thanks guys. I know about the dive gear storage at Cozumel Scuba Repair. It is only $100 per year and includes a $55 service on regs & BCD (excluding parts). Will have to visit Larry on our upcoming trip in January and ask if he has room for 2 additional suitcases. Just need them held for 2-4 months.

Betty

#5 DebB

DebB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:49 PM

If scuba repair cannot help you with the cases, I have a dry garage full of other people's stuff. Free, secure storage; no other guarantee. Best to leave your dive gear with them, tho.

#6 BettyfromToronto

BettyfromToronto

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:15 AM

Thank you so much for the offer Deb. Will let you know once we speak to Cozumel Scuba Repair. Plus it will be our trip next year. LOL

Just trying to plan ahead and why not take stuff down early?

Betty

Betty

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users