• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,621 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:57 AM

I have been watching this great cooking show on TV, and thought I would share his website.

The dishes they make are from all around Mexico. You get a lot of region dishes unique to different part of the country, but with all the ingredients available here.

It really helps me understand the name of dishes, what is in the dish, and if I am inspired, how to make it.

http://www.rickbayless.com/tv/season5/

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#2 KAC

KAC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:23 PM

Isn't Shaw wonderful.... Rick Bayless has been in there for years.

#3 DebB

DebB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:14 PM

Paula - I have 2 of his cookbooks if you want to borrow: "Rick Bayless's Mexican Kitchen" & "Mexico One Plate at a Time"

#4 BronxJoe

BronxJoe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:16 AM

I am also a big fan of Rick Baless' show & books & have tried many of his recipes with decent results. If you have an interest in this topic Marge Poore has a book 1000 Mexican recipes which is less with pictures, but great with content. The best single source of Mayan recipes along with great stories is from Sonja Lillvics book which was for sale @ Nauticab's store. The author actually E mailed me replies to questions I had about preparing relleno negro & it turned out great.I consider that kind of attention from an author "above & beyond " & I really appreciated it.

#5 Guest_Ocean breezes_*

Guest_Ocean breezes_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:56 PM

As a suggestion from a Mexican person, one of our family and friends favourites that we recommend highly is “200 years of Mexican Cuisine” Author: Christina Hernandez de Palacio. I offer this suggestion without being as Hillbilly would put it “a little standoffish” lol

#6 BronxJoe

BronxJoe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:47 AM

Ocean Breezes, thanks for the information reguarding the cookbook, I am sure you know much more related to this food type than I do, but I could not find the book available on Barnes & Noble or Amazon. Can you say where it could be gotten on perhaps post the ISDN # of the book ? Many thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users