16 replies to this topic

#1 hillbilly

hillbilly

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 306 posts
  • Interests:Retired here in Cozumel and loving it

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:54 PM

I had not seen this posted before so I have a question once again. The last two times we went to chedraui to pick up a couple of things we noticed that the charge does not match the amount they charge our account at the bank. Example 160 pesos shows up as 190, yesterday 203 pesos shows as 260 pesos. Do they charge a fee for smaller purchases.
We use a bancomer debit card and Mega always matches, as does everybody else. Soooooooooooooo What do you think ,same as me probably.

#2 DebB

DebB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:38 AM

IME, Chedraui does not add anything and everything is correct. No matter what the transaction size, the amount on the slip that I sign matches the register total/receipt and that is the amount withdrawn from my account.

It's very easy for you to check the charge slip against the receipt before you sign it & give it back to the cashier. If everything matches, there is something else going on with your account.

#3 KAC

KAC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:24 AM

Last week when we were there they asked if we wanted to donate 20 pesos to a charity, between that and the round up maybe that's what happened. My husband says yes to everything when he doesn't understand what they are saying. :rolleyes:

#4 hillbilly

hillbilly

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:55 PM

I am sure you are both correct. I guess what I am saying that did not come across is that my receipt from chedraui that reads say 202.56 pesos comes back from my account at the bank as 265.73 pesos.
So number one of course I check my receipt against the register and sign. Somehow when it gets to the bank it is different. Chedraui is the only vendor this happens with as we use it all over town. Just sayin I ain,t really a hillbilly. If not chedraui then who

#5 Kandy

Kandy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts
  • Interests:Enjoying retired life!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 05:14 PM

I know anytime I charge something in pesos (NEVER at the grocery stores - too many horror stories), I'm charged a "conversion fee" by my bank. This sounds like something happening at your bank, so I'd check there.

Kandy
Living the Dream in Cozumel

#6 CZMDM

CZMDM

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:02 AM

We have never had a problem with Mega or Chidraui and we have been using them and purchasing with credit cards since day one.

Cozumel Diving

#7 DebB

DebB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 06:56 AM

I don't know if your bank can help you with this, but if I were you, I would take the receipts and a printout of the bank statement to customer service and give it a shot. 63 pesos added to a $202mxn purchase is a large amount and doesn't make any sense at this juncture.

#8 Steve

Steve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:14 AM

Kandy has it right...Your bank in the states is adding the 3% foreign conversion fee on to the charge. Get a Capitalone card. No conversion fees.

#9 DebB

DebB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:23 AM

There shouldn't be any fees! Hillbilly's debit card is linked to his Mexican, peso-denominated bank account.

And 63 on top of 202 is more than 30%!

#10 Steve

Steve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:05 AM

You are right Deb. I was reading your post instead of going back to the orginal where you say $63 pesos added to a $202 purchase. The 3% made sense on that provided the $202 was US currency.

#11 DebB

DebB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:20 AM

oh....ok...sorry, Steve. My post edited to clarify the currency.

#12 hillbilly

hillbilly

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:29 AM

I will go to the bank on monday and ask if they have like a minimum charge amount. Possibly we are using it for too small of a purchase. I must admit we never had a problem before the charges got small.

#13 hillbilly

hillbilly

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 04:45 PM

Well in America we have a saying called eating crow. This is when you speak and realize you were wrong and have to admit it.
Does not taste good but the mistake with Chedraui was mine after all. I feel bad that I even mentioned it now as the receipt,s I was looking at came in correctly and I was not allowing for the time lapse from the bank to post it . My apologies to all who were offended.

#14 DebB

DebB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 05:09 PM

Don't think anyone was offended! Concerned would be a better assessment. Glad to hear that all is OK and you may still make small purchases at Chedraui with confidence!!!
Feliz Navidad!

#15 Steve

Steve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:01 PM

I don't think anyone was offended. Everyone was just trying to help you figure out your problem as most people do here. I actually like crow. I always shot them with my nail gun.

#16 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,621 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:49 AM

oh Steve, you know how to make me laugh out loud.

It made us all look at our receipts...which is a good thing.

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#17 Ron

Ron

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:55 AM

Removed just saw it was resolved.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users