Safety Concerns And A Proactive Bunch

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 mexcelia

mexcelia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 431 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, films, snorkeling, walking, swimming, and photography

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:20 PM

Again, what a great example of the folks getting together to share info.......and thanks for clearing up the protocols for me Carey and Luh, will help for future blogs as well B)

#22 LuhM

LuhM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:23 PM

Carey, I agree with you that the renters and empty lots add a lot of problems in the Corpus Christi area. It is also where a lot of the problems have occurred. I do know that the Neighborhood Watch Captains and Co-Captains will be writing down names, numbers, emergency numbers and making croquis (hand made maps) of the streets they will oversee. The Police have already started the foot patrols in Corpus as of yesterday. They will be out walking the blocks kind of like the beat cops do in New York. That should help a lot.

sure thing, neighbor! :)
Luh
The Magic of Design Furniture & Interior Design
www.themagicofdesign.com

#23 BronxJoe

BronxJoe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:11 PM

A watch group is an effective idea. Usually here in NYC after the 1st rat gets caught the rest watch their step. Are there any consequences at all if a juvenile commits the offence ? Are their parents liable ?
The storm whistles you speak of are already for sale in Cozumel in the dive shops (either pro dive or studio blue both on the same block ) I would be willing to accept pick up here in NY & bring them down 1st week in January if that is any help.

#24 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:33 AM

BronxJoe, thanks for the lead on one of the dive shops already carrying the whistles.

I'll swing by and see what they can offer as far as volume and price.

I'd like to see a local business benefit if possible.

Also, kind of your to offer to bring them down.

Stay tuned.

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#25 mexcelia

mexcelia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 431 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, films, snorkeling, walking, swimming, and photography

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:16 AM

BronxJoe, there aren't consequences for minors at this point, that's a major point of frustration for many............if under 18 they can't be prosecuted, jailed etc. Again, if someone knows of any variations to this theme, please chime in. :mellow:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users