Mango Recipe

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 J belle

J belle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:Family, gardening, swimming, snorkeling, being on the ocean any way possible

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:00 PM

The mangos in our yard have a wonderful flavor but are extremely stringy. Does anyone have any recipe ideas?

#2 dawnb

dawnb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 588 posts
  • Interests:Snorkeling, cooking, gardening, jewelry making, reading

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:14 PM

Smoothies, maybe with other fruit and yogurt or milk or crema, in the blender, perhaps some honey and a bit of vanilla.

Mango salsa, finely minced with some peppers of choice, a bit of chopped onion, with a squeeze of lime

Grilled and minced on fish of choice.

Mangoes are a natural meat tenderizer, mince and smear on a tough cut of beef, grill.

Have fun!

#3 J belle

J belle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:Family, gardening, swimming, snorkeling, being on the ocean any way possible

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:53 PM

Thanks dawn. I'm going to try grilling and mincing for a sauce.

#4 J belle

J belle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:33 PM

I came up with a great solution. I made mango chutney using lime juice for part of the vinegar and local honey for part of the sugar, with local red chili spice . The cooking completely broke down the stringy fibers and it tastes great. Now I know what to do with my stringy mangos.

#5 anjamtm

anjamtm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 12:20 AM

During my usual visit to grandma's house at Aberdeen she used to make me Coconut Beignets with Mango Coulis ....Oh my god! :) its better than the best recipe I ever had...

Now on her 15 th death anniversary one best moment i recollect from my memories is definitely the time I spent with her while on cooking

Guys.... just make a try and lemme know how well you all enjoyed it....

Njoy cooking! :wub:  :wub:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users