• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 smack

smack

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:08 PM

my family and I have stayed at the Allegro two times in the last 3 years and we are planning on coming back to Cozumel again this summer. We are thinking about trying a different AI resort at the Coral Princess. I know the Allegro is on the South end and the CP is on the North end but can anybody tell me any other differences between the two? We like the sandy beach at the Allegro. what is the beach like at the CP? the water is very calm at the Allegro. how are the water conditions at the CP? My 2 daughters are 11 and 12 years old and like to snorkel so which place has better snorkeling to see fish? Is there a difference in the food they offer? how do the swimming pools compare? We will be renting a car for the week to get around so will the CP be easy to get to from the airport and the shopping in town?
I know I threw a lot of questions out there at once but any feed back would be greatly appreciated.....

#2 cdlu

cdlu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:15 PM

I will be staying at Coral Princess for the first time in February; doing the breakfast only option. However; I have snorkeled out in front of CP and it is great. Two years ago I saw a huge spotted eagle ray while snorkeling in front of the CP area. The hotel has a man-made sandy beach area; but it is above the water as the shoreline is rocky. As for being convenient; we stay in the north hotel zone all the time and love that area; it is about a five minute drive into town.
Cindy

#3 TheOptimist

TheOptimist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:27 PM

We have stayed at the CP for the past 10 years and we love it. AI is not our bag but when we have eaten there ( mostly breakfast ) it has been good. Pedro and concierge staff will take very good care of you and help with any arrangements or transportation. I highly recommend rentng a car or jeep for the week....we always use Isis. ( Margarita is awesome ) $6 US cab ride to the square if you don't rent a car.

I don't know what your budget is, but I recommend the ocean view villas or rooms on the hotel side. Can't beat the sunset views. Speaking of sunset - happy hour by the pool and beach is a good time and place to meeat other guests.

The snorkeling is excellent right out front or you can talk to the guys at Pepe's Scuba ( attached to the resort but a separate business) they usually will do a 1/2 day snorkel trip if they have enough customers sign up. Fairly inexpensive and they will take you to all the good dive and snorkel spots off the South End of the island.

We don't go back til November but I always, always enjoy sharing our experiences.

Good luck and enjoy your trip.
Mike

#4 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,621 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:00 PM

CP for sure.

They have a FB page with all what's going on.http://www.facebook.com/coralprincess.cozumelconcierge

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#5 MarkC

MarkC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:12 AM

I've never stayed north of town myself, and have stayed at the Allegro 2x in the last 2 years and every other time it was Casa Del Mar since 1990.

That being said, I love the south end and next CZM trip will be private condo (Residencias Reef), eating and drinking a-la-carte.
“Corona con lima, Corona with lime... Todo el tiempo, hey all of the time... Con mucho gusto, I’m havin such a good time... Corona con lima, Corona with lime...”

#6 chloesmom

chloesmom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 07:23 PM

I just got back from a week's stay at CP. I had never stayed there before and I was very happy with it. Clean rooms, good service, helpful staff, snorkeling was steps from  the beach area, breakfast included. What's not to like? My only caveat is that the food was just OK, but since the CP isn't all inclusive I was free to eat at any number of the island's yummy restaurants.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users