New To Diving
Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:32 PM
Thanks in advance for any suggestions that you might have.
Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:00 PM
You are smart to be careful but no need to be fearful rely on your training the more you dive the better your skills will become.
It is some what like riding a bike it comes back fast.
I will be happy to give you the name of the shop I dive with if you would like.
Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:59 AM
Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:06 PM
1. If you have unlimited shore diving, why not grab a tank and get in the pool and refresh yourself? After you’re confortable, if you’re staying somewhere where there is shore diving, take a shallow shore dive.
2. Skills you really need to refresh include mask clearing, buoyancy, ascent, buddy breathing. If you use a computer, no need for a tables refresher course.
3. Hiring a divemaster to watch over you for one day? Maybe. I Just do not really see the benefit other than your peach of mind.
4. Agree to let the DM and the captain know you’re just getting back into it...
5. Please invest in a $20 safety sausage and a glow stick or small $20 LED flash light you can take with you (even on day dives).
Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:01 PM
Wishing I was retiring to Cozumel.....
Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:41 AM
I use Dive Paradise...they are an excellent dive shop, and big enough to put you on a boat of your choice, which fits your needs.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users