10 replies to this topic

#1 Hooked on Coz

Hooked on Coz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Interests:Scuba, Sky Diving, Riding my Fatboy

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:31 PM

Any word ref the lost diver being found yet?

#2 TRAVELER89

TRAVELER89

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:22 PM

Nothing has been said about any recovery on local news......, things like this are always bad press for Cozumel......!

#3 DanB

DanB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 484 posts
  • Interests:Dan:history/culture;scuba diving;photography;music; Claudia:artist

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:35 AM

I haven't heard anything about this. Any details available?

#4 mstevens

mstevens

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 852 posts
  • Interests:Diving, Ducatis, Dorkdom

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:57 AM

I haven't heard anything about this. Any details available?

There's a massive thread on Scubaboard. Lots of details, none of them very useful and not all of them necessarily accurate.

It occurred at Palancar Caves under conditions involving unusual and changing currents and low (for Cozumel) visibility.

#5 TRAVELER89

TRAVELER89

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:31 PM

The body of Lashle Tamara, de 43 años,was found earlier today near the beach of the Hotel Grand Occidental toward the south end of the island....., no other details at this time. I'm sure we all offer prayers for her family members. Lashle Tamara "Rest in Peace"!

#6 nauticab

nauticab

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:42 PM

damn i had a dream she was found still floating and very dehydrated near isla de passion. so sorry to hear the news and prayers being sent to her family. very sad indeed.
Cabrilla's Sport Center
Calle 11 % Melgar y 10av
Edificio Portales, Local 1
Dressing Fishermen and Triathletes from Head to Toe

#7 CZMDM

CZMDM

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:17 AM

RIP.

Cozumel Diving

#8 nauticab

nauticab

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:48 AM

i was informed by a reliable source that the body was NOT found. apple paid tech divers yesterday to continue the search to 300ft and she was NOT found as of yesterday 6pm. what was washed up on shore was a package. i heard about the search early that same day via DP people. apparently the reports are saying that they are denying the lost diver and that they did not look for help. i knew about it before it was even on the radio via FB contacts in DP. OF COURSE they called for help!

from the source:

"The lost diver was NOT found! That article was completely false and they are still searching for her. It did not make any sense that she would have washed up on the beach so close to the dive site to begin with, but it was confirmed yesterday that the "body" they found was actually a package of some sort!
Just further prood that our local newspapers are nothing more than gossip rags with no journalistic integrity!

They can print whatever they want with no repercussions - they also said in that article that DP denied any missing diver and refused to help in the search - whatever! They had numerous boats out and called for help IMMEDIATELY!"

assuming she is no longer with us, i still pray for her family in this time of grief.

different case: the next day a diver, older, dove with the same operation. he denied any heart conditions and had a heart attack on the boat. the mate, seeing him try to climb up the ladder, watched him freeze solid, pried his fingers from the ladder, brought him on board, started CPR and saved his life. this diver told the DM that this is the 2nd time this happened to him. the DM was rightfully LIVID as he put his own life at risk, as well as put the DM's job and the company at risk by not disclosing. while this case has nothing to do with the missing diver, it is simply to reinforce that DP is a safe operation.
Cabrilla's Sport Center
Calle 11 % Melgar y 10av
Edificio Portales, Local 1
Dressing Fishermen and Triathletes from Head to Toe

#9 crunch

crunch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 626 posts
  • Interests:Snorkeling, dogs, margaritas, beaches, reading, working out, chilling.

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:58 PM

Still hoping against hope for a good outcome.

#10 MarkC

MarkC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:46 AM

Updates anyone?
“Corona con lima, Corona with lime... Todo el tiempo, hey all of the time... Con mucho gusto, I’m havin such a good time... Corona con lima, Corona with lime...”

#11 BobinPA

BobinPA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:Scuba Diving, travelling, history, boating

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:34 AM

I've been to Cozumel going on 9 times now, and am an avid diver. I've used several different dive operations, and we find that DP is the best choice for us. They have great DMs and are totally safe and professional. Each person who is a diver has an INDIVIDUAL responsibility to dive within their capabilities and health situation. I'd recommend DP to anyone visiting Coz.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users