23 replies to this topic

#21 henribos

henribos

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Interests:snorkeling, golf, reading, cooking

Posted 23 July 2010 - 08:42 AM

We drove by the old Manati building yesterday and were pleasantly surprised by the upgrades to the exterior of the building made by Fratelli's. Also, they were open and this was at lunch time, 2:30 or so. Really nice table settings visible through the open doors, looks comparable to the 65th Ave location.

#22 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
  • Interests:reading, singing, movies, family & friends, good food, travel

Posted 23 July 2010 - 08:51 AM

Oh, goodie

I'll treat myself to a carb feast there when I get back down to a respectable weight on the ole South Beach. In the interim, anyone who eats there, howsabout a review.

#23 ccannon707

ccannon707

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 02:33 PM

El Fish is kitty-corner to the old Manatee/Fratelli's. It's now in a huge concrete structure that looks impervious to hurricanes but they forgot about the charm. I didn't go to Fratelli's but saw they were doing business in their new location. The old wooden building has been painted orange. Upstairs palapa seating is still there.

...Christine

I drink to forget, but I eat to remember.... so it all balances out

.· `·. ><((((º> .· `·. <º))))>< ,·. ..· `·. .· `·. <º))))>< .· `·.

#24 dawnb

dawnb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 589 posts
  • Interests:Snorkeling, cooking, gardening, jewelry making, reading

Posted 23 July 2010 - 05:13 PM

On our next to last day on Coz my husband was on his own for dinner as I wasn't feeling well. He had been craving a pizza for a change, and after seeing posts on Fratelli's, gave it a try. He said it was outstanding: very thin and crispy crust with just the right amount of sauce and cheese, not overly salty as some can be. Very fresh. He got the Fratelli's with mushrooms, pepperoni, ham and sausage. Two beers and a pizza were 120 p. and service was great. He said they had done a great job of redecorating inside and outside of the building. We will definitely be back!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users