Comments About Casa De Colores?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 DanB

DanB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 484 posts
  • Interests:Dan:history/culture;scuba diving;photography;music; Claudia:artist

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:59 PM

I'm considering a place called "Casa de Colores" for my next trip. It is a 3bed/3bath/2-story home on Av 5bis close to Calle 21. Has anyone had any experience with this place?

#2 Valli

Valli

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 569 posts
  • Interests:Travel, cooking, bike riding,

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:13 AM

I stayed there - once a few years ago, then again in November, 2011. I ended up only staying there one night the November trip, and was able to get moved to another property. At that time, it appeared that the property had not been well maintained - there was a very bad smell in the house and it wasn't clean - dead bugs and other assorted "matter" on the main floor.

The location is good - very close to Chedraui, 5 bis is a very quiet street. There are a couple of vacation rentals in the area, but for the most part, local families. It is rare that a car even drives down that street.

There is a large bedroom on the main floor as well as a small bathroom. The upstairs has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. I actually thought the bedrooms were nicer than the living area on the main floor - decent bedding and some nice art.

Kitchen and living room area are OK. The one thing I didn't care for - no table and chairs for eating - just a breakfast bar with stools. And the stool seats were covered with clear plastic - UGH.

The pool is located at the front and side of the property. It is kind of a strange set up, but it is a decent size. It is not heated and the water is often too cold, but ok if you just want to dangle your feet in the water. There is a nice area at the entrance for sitting outside, reading. Area does not get a great deal of sun.

Internet service was spotty at best. The only place that seemed to work best was at the entertainment unit that houses the tv, books, etc. I would grab a plastic beach chair from outside and sit there to use my laptop. There is no dedicated area for set up. Perhaps an iPad would work better and not be as restrictive.

There are some positives - it is reasonably spacious, well located, master bedrooom has the ensuite bathroom and a nice terrace area. There is also a washing machine, but last I heard - the owner was charging per use - don't know if that is still the case, or it may apply to longer term rentals.

If I recall correctly, the sliding screen door leading out to the terrace off the master bedroom constantly came off the track and it was a pain, and, as well, no protector bars.

That house has been for sale for a few years now, but I don't think that should be a factor in making a decision. I think if it is given a really good cleaning, perhaps the other issues are not deal breakers, and it may be a good fit for your requirements.

Hope this has been of some help.

Valli

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users