13 replies to this topic

#1 obispo

obispo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Interests:almost anything

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:07 AM

Is there a taxi fee schedule to and from the airport to the various hotels? If so, what is it?
obispo

#2 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
  • Interests:reading, singing, movies, family & friends, good food, travel

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:17 AM

There is no taxi service FROM the airport. You have to take the aviomar vans. It's a deal they've got going. No taxi can pick you up on airport grounds and, although some people lug their bags off the grounds and try to grab cabs that way, I really don't think it's worth the effort and the price is similar. So I'd either rent a car at the airport or take the van.

Taxis can DROP you at the airport, no problem, however. And the front desk at your hotel will know the rate you should expect to pay.

#3 crunch

crunch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 627 posts
  • Interests:Snorkeling, dogs, margaritas, beaches, reading, working out, chilling.

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:53 PM

We lug our bags out to the street because we detest waiting for them to fill a van when we are ready to roll and also because the private van is super expensive when where we are going is a 5 minute taxi ride away.

When you are on vacation it is really hard to sit around spending 20 or more precious minutes waiting around for people to get through the lines, use the bathroom, have a smoke, get a drink, talk to the timeshare people etc......

#4 cvchief

cvchief

Professional Amateur

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts
  • Location:Pennsylvania mostly, though Coz as much as possible

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:52 PM

Really. 20 minutes is at least 1.5 cervesa.

El Jefe

Wishing I was retiring to Cozumel.....

Casa De Jefe

#5 DanB

DanB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 484 posts
  • Interests:Dan:history/culture;scuba diving;photography;music; Claudia:artist

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:48 AM

In case you have not been thru the airport before, be ADVISED that the nice people that meet you close to the sliding glass doors after you come thru the luggage check and tell you they are there to help with your transportation - ARE NOT friendly representatives of a transportation service. They are time-share sales people and will wisk you away to a counter where they will begin their sales efforts. When you come thru the doors, go to the far right along the outside wall of the 'waiting' area to the transport van booth to buy your van ticket. Most of the other booths are time share sales people. I have stood outside the glass doors and waited for friends to arrive and have been astounded at how many people are easily corraled off to the sales counters after asking how they get transportation to their hotel. Of course, if you are interested in looking at time shares - by all means . . .

#6 mstevens

mstevens

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 852 posts
  • Interests:Diving, Ducatis, Dorkdom

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:37 PM

There's the woman with the clipboard who always wants to look and see if I'm on her list. Whether I'm Thurston Howell, Bruce Wayne, or Barney Rubble, she's always found me somewhere in her papers. Then I tell her it's lovely to have talked with her but my family are waiting for me outside and I, sadly, must depart.

Yes - unless you have a prior arrangement that someone will meet you and they have something with their name (which you already know due to the arrangement) and your name, or unless they're sitting behind a window selling van tickets, anyone else outside the customs exit is trying to sell stuff you're very unlikely to want.

#7 MarkC

MarkC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:55 PM

Really. 20 minutes is at least 1.5 cervesa.

Man jefe - you need to get with the program - you can get at least 3 beers down in 20 minutes! :D
“Corona con lima, Corona with lime... Todo el tiempo, hey all of the time... Con mucho gusto, I’m havin such a good time... Corona con lima, Corona with lime...”

#8 DONO

DONO

Resident Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:51 PM

The Margaritaville booth is very safe! A quick stop there then a short hike to the road and always in a taxi within seconds. Never failed.

Dono
It's those changes in latitudes!

#9 crunch

crunch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 627 posts
  • Interests:Snorkeling, dogs, margaritas, beaches, reading, working out, chilling.

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:08 PM

We are always plowing through the crowd and out to the street i never noticed the margarita booth. Which is a sin. Are they 10 bucks each like Cancun?

#10 cvchief

cvchief

Professional Amateur

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts
  • Location:Pennsylvania mostly, though Coz as much as possible

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:54 PM

Man jefe - you need to get with the program - you can get at least 3 beers down in 20 minutes! :D

Well, lemme just say:

1. I am a Mexico drinker. I hardly drink otherwise.
2. I have to have cerversa on ferry.
3. After three beers on the ferry, the fourth at the condo almost took me out.

Takes me a couple days to get up to speed. Once there and in the groove, the Absolut and arándano go down like water....

El Jefe

Wishing I was retiring to Cozumel.....

Casa De Jefe

#11 BettyfromToronto

BettyfromToronto

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:41 PM

Where do you need to go?

Scuba Club Cozumel & Hotel Cozumel are $8 US or $81 pesos per person.

Betty

Betty
Retired in Cozumel in January 2014

#12 DONO

DONO

Resident Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:22 PM

Margaritaville has been there for a few years now. It's just outside the exit doors to the right, you really can't miss it. I believe Corona was $5 usd.

Dono
It's those changes in latitudes!

#13 cdlu

cdlu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:42 PM

This is our system; I go to the shuttle ticket counter and Don goes to the Margaritaville counter(We have coozies in our backpack). I don't mind sitting in the vans for a few minutes; I get to meet and visit with great new people each and every time.
Cindy

#14 Tomas

Tomas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Interests:Scuba diving, travel, books, food, culture, people, fish, art, the world.

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:44 PM

Take the shuttle. It's easy and we have never waited more than 10 minutes before the thing filled up and we took off. Price wise, it could be cheaper than a cab too, besides as mentioned, cabs can't pick up at the airport.
I'm a fish!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users