3 replies to this topic

#1 hlcdlc

hlcdlc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:00 PM

Hola all,

My husband and I are moving to Cozumel in June. In investigating moving companies, I came across Moreno Movers.

http://www.movers.co...e-to-mexico.php

I'm about to ask for a quote. We aren't bringing much; kitchen items, personal items, some art, POSSIBLY our sleep number mattress. I will let you know what I am quoted, but wanted to ask if anyone has heard of them or used them? They also have a facebook page and have confirmed that they DO ship from our location (around Louisville, Kentucky) to Cozumel.

I appreciate any input or any other suggestions for movers!

Oh yes, we went to our local consulate today and began the Residente Permanente Visa process.....I will type up what we were required to take, etc., in a separate post tomorrow!

#2 henribos

henribos

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Interests:snorkeling, golf, reading, cooking

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:13 PM

Sorry, have not heard of the moving company but wanted to tell you that you should definately bring your bed. The matresses here leave a little to be desired!

#3 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
  • Interests:reading, singing, movies, family & friends, good food, travel

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:39 AM

Sorry, have not heard of the moving company but wanted to tell you that you should definately bring your bed. The matresses here leave a little to be desired!

Boy, I second that emotion! Beds here are hard as rocks -- even the pillow tops. I finally had to bite the bullet and import a 3", extra dense memory foam pad for our king and am finally comfortable. Before that I was piling layers of the cheap egg crate foam toppers that are often available here -- one on the other like a sloppy pile of pancakes. Ridiculous.

If I were going to bring something more compact, I think I would choose a high end air bed as it packs down far smaller and the Select Comfort one I had in the states lo these many years ago was extremely comfortable and highly adjustable.

Bases you can get here no problem. I wouldn't bring those. But the mattress? And pillows also? And good quality sheets? A resounding yes!

#4 hlcdlc

hlcdlc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:04 AM

I've been muling sheet sets, pillows, etc. down for years! lol Towels as well; you learn fast!

I am rather attached to my sleep number bed. It's the bomb.

I think a minimum figure with Morenos Movers is about 5K. Yikes. We'll see what I am quoted, but that appeared to be a minimum price!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users