36 replies to this topic

#21 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
  • Interests:reading, singing, movies, family & friends, good food, travel

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:42 AM

You want an attorney on the ground here and one that speaks great English. Gisela will get back with her and would be my first choice.

#22 hollybyegolly

hollybyegolly

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:05 AM

My sister is meeting Gisele ion 20 minutes

#23 Charles

Charles

Guru

• Members
  • 3,143 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:22 AM

RE: Meeting Gisela Again, I'd trust Gisela and have very limited trust with most others. I had a professional relationship with her from when she first arrived on the island. See what she reports and directs. She is competent in her training, but I'd trust her instincts as well. Her primary speciality is penal (criminal) law.

He most likely faces a fine, assorted court costs plus attorney fees and then deportation from Mexico. My guess his intended vacation is pretty well spoiled, but he won't be spending 30 years in prison. The idea of having money in hand is that when the opportunity arises to be released, you don't want to delay. You can't "buy" your way out of charges, at least not from an incident of this nature.

#24 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:29 AM

According to the news article in Spanish that Steve posted, the gentleman was on his way OUT of Cozumel on a United flight to Houston. Meaning they found the articles in his backpack when it went through the xray machine you have to go through at security before entering the boarding area. If this is correct, I have to wonder how in hell they didn't catch the shells in the fancy smancy machines coming OUT of the US? Or maybe the paper is reporting it wrong.

Was he departing or arriving? Hope is was departing so at least he got some fun before it turned to the Bad Side for him, poor dear.

#25 hollybyegolly

hollybyegolly

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:49 AM

A new update. Mynsisterbis meeting with some ther attorney. Gesa I'd not get in touch with her first. Geisha said she will be waiting on the side.

#26 hollybyegolly

hollybyegolly

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:54 AM

I will te type this is English. My sister is meeting with an attorney now. Not geisha. Geisa contacted her after this attorney. Geisa said she ould be waiting on the side if we need her.

#27 hollybyegolly

hollybyegolly

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:34 AM

Update. Geisa is on board I we get her five grand

#28 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:47 AM

The attorney we're recommending is named G I S E L A. Is there another one they're using named Geisa to whom you are referring? I'm a little confused.

#29 hollybyegolly

hollybyegolly

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:25 PM

The attorney we're recommending is named G I S E L A. Is there another one they're using named Geisa to whom you are referring? I'm a little confused.

No it's Gisela Carey. I am a little confused myself. Things are starting to move now. I hope have good news soon. Ithank all of you for being outthere

#30 hollybyegolly

hollybyegolly

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:34 PM

According to the news article in Spanish that Steve posted, the gentleman was on his way OUT of Cozumel on a United flight to Houston. Meaning they found the articles in his backpack when it went through the xray machine you have to go through at security before entering the boarding area. If this is correct, I have to wonder how in hell they didn't catch the shells in the fancy smancy machines coming OUT of the US? Or maybe the paper is reporting it wrong.

Was he departing or arriving? Hope is was departing so at least he got some fun before it turned to the Bad Side for him, poor dear.

That is exactly what happened Carey. Still waiting on any information

#31 hollybyegolly

hollybyegolly

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:50 PM

Hello everyone, I have good news. I will tell you all about it later tonight. I do not want to jinx the situation. WOOHOO

#32 hollybyegolly

hollybyegolly

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:29 PM

Thankyou everyone he is officially out of the cozumel jail. I will comment more when he is out of the country.

#33 TRAVELER89

TRAVELER89

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:47 PM

Very good, when he is in the clear, please catch your breath and give us a complete update...!

Sleep well tonight!

#34 crunch

crunch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 626 posts
  • Interests:Snorkeling, dogs, margaritas, beaches, reading, working out, chilling.

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:53 AM

So glad to hear you have been able to get him out of jail. Please tell us more when you can.

#35 hollybyegolly

hollybyegolly

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:10 PM

So glad to hear you have been able to get him out of jail. Please tell us more when you can.

Ok guys and gals. My brother and law and sister are probably in Houston as of now. What I know as of now the judge and DA of Cozumel let him out for $600.00. Yes that is correct $600.00. I wired money down with Xoom. Thanks for that information! The attorney that you reccomended wanted a retainer of 5 Grand. I was ready and willing to Pay This. My brother inlaw had Togo in front ofthe judge at one o'clock yesterday afternoon. The us consulate told him to wait on giving the attorney money unless things go south. She said that was a little too expensive. I didn't think so because I thought he was going bye bye for awhile.
I think that the cozumel judge gave him a gift. I sure hope he realises this.. I am thinking aout sending the judge and DA some wisconsin cheese. I also think that he was lucky to be in Cozumel instead of let's say Jaurez or Tiajuana. Cozumel is trying to keep the island, locals, and tourists safe as possible compared to what is going on in other parts of Mexico? That is my opinion though. I think cozumel is working hard on staying away from bad press coverage to keep it a good vacation destination.
In the us we have alot of conceal and carry laws. Wisconsin just adopted this law.about six months ago. Alot of people are worried that the obama administration are coming to take are american freedoms from us. Especially are second amendment rights. I am ok with the conceal and carry law. But this needs to be respected by individuals and don't take it or granted. This is not a license to be John Wayne in my opinion. You need to know where your weapon and ammo are at all times. Forgetting about your ammo flowing around inthe lining of you coat needs to be respected. Yes it was a boneheaded mistake but this should not have happened. Especially when you are headed to another country and are not awareof other countries laws
So as of now this is what I know. The Judge and DA of Cozumel are welcome in my CASA anytime. I will update more later if there is any new information

Peace
,,,, ,,,,,,,,,Jeff

#36 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:19 PM

Great news and congratulations! So glad it turned out well. And thanks for keeping us all updated. If you hear any details of what his night in the local jail was like, we'd all eat that up, I can assure you. Any tips might be appreciated as ya nevah know when one of us might land in there in the aftermath of an car accident or some such.

#37 hollybyegolly

hollybyegolly

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:20 PM

Thanks I will Let you know the rest of the story after I get done chewing him out for being such a dumb a??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users