• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Regiomontano

Regiomontano

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:29 AM

Hola: in a few days i will be on the island (FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) and i need to buy a good TV, where can i find the best choices? Mega,chedraui,sams soriana or where did you recomend?

#2 Kandy

Kandy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts
  • Interests:Enjoying retired life!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:27 PM

I bought mine at Chedraui when it was on sale. Copper & Elektra are also good places to look besides those you mentioned.

Kandy
Living the Dream in Cozumel

#3 Freezin' Canuck

Freezin' Canuck

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:30 PM

Just bought a smart tv at Sam's on sale (almost 1/3 off). They were sold out in a hurry. They may have replaced the stock
by now

#4 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
  • Interests:reading, singing, movies, family & friends, good food, travel

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:58 PM

Just bought a smart tv at Sam's on sale (almost 1/3 off). They were sold out in a hurry. They may have replaced the stock
by now

The best buys on tvs are almost always at Sam's although you may see a special at one of the other big boxes -- Ched or Mega. Coppel is always a little to a lot higher in my experience but if you have something very specific in mind, they might have. Ditto for Elektra

#5 mstevens

mstevens

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 852 posts
  • Interests:Diving, Ducatis, Dorkdom

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:11 PM

You have to check around.

Last September, the very best price on what we were looking for (47" internet-enabled LG) was at Mega (on sale), of all places. Sam's was quite a lot more for the same model. Chedraui and Bodega Aurrera were a bit more for the same model or one with slightly fewer features. Prices at Coppel and Elektra were terrible. We didn't find anything like what we were looking for at San Francisco or Aki. We even stopped in at the Costco in Cancun, but their prices were up in the Coppel range.

I was surprised that it only ended up being 12 dollars more than the same model at walmart.com, which was the least expensive online price I could find.

For something like this, I really don't think there's a consistent "best" in terms of price due to sales. You just have to check all the usual suspects.

I do note that you asked about "best choices", not "best prices". I found that Mega, Sam's, and Bodega Aurrera, in that order, had the biggest selection. If I were shopping now I'd also check the new Office Max just in case.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users