Water Heaters

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 cozdaddy

cozdaddy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Interests:Scubadiving, underwater photography. Landscape and people photography

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:46 PM

Good place to buy water heaters? I went to Boxito today and the cheapset one they had was 1,330 pecos and that was for a small one the one I was looking at which was a 40 gallon tank was 2,970.00 pesos is that about right or are there other places that sell em. Ours blew up sometime last night so I need a new one, andwould like a 40 gallon tank instead of the twenty we had.
Breath in Breath out move on

#2 Steve

Steve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:31 PM

I don't thinl that is a bad price. I would almost pay that in the states.

#3 GringaErin

GringaErin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:35 PM

Here's a thread from awhile ago, http://www.cozumelmy...h=1

I'm still pleased with my tankless water heater. It shaved about 1000 pesos off my CFE bill too. Let me know if you have any questions :)

#4 mslf500

mslf500

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 875 posts
  • Interests:Snow boarding, Diving, Spearfishing, Driving Formula Cars really fast, Mountain biking.

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:59 AM

Gringa,

$1000 pesos per month? How big was your water heater before? I have been thinking about switching. My tank is insulated and has a timer on it, but the people that have switched over like them.

www.CozumelCondominium.com
Nah Ha 602

#5 morenita

morenita

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:28 AM

Gringa,

$1000 pesos per month? How big was your water heater before? I have been thinking about switching. My tank is insulated and has a timer on it, but the people that have switched over like them.

Electric bills are for two months not one. So 1000 pesos would be saving about $40 a month. That is possible if you use your water heater often.

#6 GringaErin

GringaErin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:24 PM

I had one of the old school 50(?) gallon electric water heaters, no insulation and no timer. My (2 month) CFE bill WAS around 5500, it's now closer to 4200. I usually replace the gas tank (30L) every 6 weeks or so (depending if I have guests or not and the season). The tank itself was a bit more than most of the older electric models (around 4000/4500 if memory serves).

#7 Michael & Laurie

Michael & Laurie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:26 PM

Anyone have a tankless system over 3+ years that's not having issues with hard water ?

We recently purchased a condo thats under 8yrs old and has a little 15-20gal electric water tank is outside under cover.
The inlet pipe is rusted and leaking plus the fact it runs out of water with a 4min shower.

Id like to install a Gas tankless electronic ignition unit but wonder if local water will corrode it just as quickly as a regular tank.
I know they make an outdoor rated unit but its also about double in price.

My other thought is just a new 30gal + gas tank.

When we leak we do shutdown the system completely and drain the tank for longevity.

Comments?

#8 Jim912

Jim912

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, teaching scuba and working on our house.

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:57 PM

WeI installed a whole house tankless system several years ago and we have not had any issues. Originally worked off gravity flow. But two years I put in a pressurized system and it delivers all the hot water we care to use. We do have a whole house 2 micron water filter that has a clear body. We change it once a week. You can watch it start out bright white and go to brown in a week.

I think this is probably the main reason we have not had any problems. The tankless heater has a small wire screen filter thar is suppose to be checked and cleaned but every time I have checked it is clean.

#9 Michael & Laurie

Michael & Laurie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:18 AM

WeI installed a whole house tankless system several years ago and we have not had any issues. Originally worked off gravity flow. But two years I put in a pressurized system and it delivers all the hot water we care to use. We do have a whole house 2 micron water filter that has a clear body. We change it once a week. You can watch it start out bright white and go to brown in a week.

I think this is probably the main reason we have not had any problems. The tankless heater has a small wire screen filter thar is suppose to be checked and cleaned but every time I have checked it is clean.

Were you able to get the unit locally or did you fly it in with baggage ?

Im looking at an outdoor install due to my hot water pipe connection
and dual LP tanks. Still waiting on a price from a local installer.

#10 Jim912

Jim912

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:02 PM

We flew down with ours. We ordered a whole house outside LP unit from Home Depot. It weighed right at 50 lbs. The installation was really straight forward. We used stainless steel flex hoses and soldered some connections on. The unit has a solid state circuit board. There is a monitor that goes in the house and uses only .5 amps. The unit flash heats the water as soon as water flow starts. We have it hooked to a single 30 liter bottle and it lasts us about a year.

#11 Michael & Laurie

Michael & Laurie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:43 PM

We flew down with ours. We ordered a whole house outside LP unit from Home Depot. It weighed right at 50 lbs. The installation was really straight forward. We used stainless steel flex hoses and soldered some connections on. The unit has a solid state circuit board. There is a monitor that goes in the house and uses only .5 amps. The unit flash heats the water as soon as water flow starts. We have it hooked to a single 30 liter bottle and it lasts us about a year.

Might be exactly what Im looking for.
Which model did you use if I may ask?

#12 Jim912

Jim912

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:04 PM

Home Depot
Rheem Ecosense 9.5 gph, 199,900 BTU. Wil handle 3 bathrooms with no problem.
Model # EOH200XLP
Internet # 203404949

O

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users