• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 cobra269

cobra269

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:12 AM

We are leaving Cozumel after a 3 week stay in May and heading to my daughters college graduation right from the airport. Wife wants a manicure and pedicure and me a haircut before we leave. Any recommendations?

#2 JMCADAM

JMCADAM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:02 PM

There is a shop called Shampoo on 5th Avenue a couple blocks south of the square. I went there for an acrylic nail repair and was very pleased with Conchi. She speaks English quite well. There were a couple of men who came in for haircuts while I was there.

#3 Valli

Valli

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 569 posts
  • Interests:Travel, cooking, bike riding,

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:35 PM

I have also heard good reports about Shampoo, they have been around for a long time. I have been going to Judith - she is located directly across from Miss Dollar on 20th.There is a sign with her name on the top. Have now gone for 2 pedicures and 2 haircuts. She is excellent and very reasonable. I have sent a few other people there and they have also been very pleased. She cuts both men's hair (60 pesos) and women's hair (70 pesos). Pedicures are 100 pesos. Nothing fancy, no bells and whistles, but it is clean and she really pays attention to detail. Open every day from about 10 a.m. to 9 p.m, and open some Sundays from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
NOTE: It is wise to bring your own nailpolish for the pedicure, some of the places really don't have much of a selection.

Valli

#4 cobra269

cobra269

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:59 AM

Has anyone used Katie at Blu Bambu Salon? Her prices seem steep compared to the above recommendations. Manicure 22 USD and pedicure 28USD.
Leave next Sat.
Thanks

#5 luvfish

luvfish

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:04 AM

Has anyone used Katie at Blu Bambu Salon? Her prices seem steep compared to the above recommendations. Manicure 22 USD and pedicure 28USD.
Leave next Sat.
Thanks

#6 luvfish

luvfish

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:13 AM

Wow----$50 for a mani-pedi I thnk thats alot to pay here in Cozumel. Well in my opion. :) I have paid that at exclusive hotels in the states . I have heard about Judith across from miss dollar from a girlfriend who went to her last week. She was very happy but she did bring her own opi polish.
I got to another lady but its hard to explain where she is . She chgs 70p for pedi and 60p for mani and I have gone to her for couple years now. I brng my own polish as well.

#7 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
  • Interests:reading, singing, movies, family & friends, good food, travel

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:59 AM

I usually go to Shampoo for pedicures since it's only 3 blocks from my house and they LOOK like they're using the sterilization equipment. (Heh Heh, always a roll of the dice anywhere -- not just Mexico.) They charge locals like me $150 pesos and have a very large selection of polishes from which to choose. If you don't let them know you are local, Victor is prolly going to charge you $200 pesos but maybe he's stopped doing that.

They currently have two young women at Shampoo doing the pedi/manis so if you go in around 10:30 AM, you shouldn't have to wait. Because they don't take appointments. Never found a place that takes appointments. That's probably what you get for the additional price mentioned at the one place. An actual appointment where the providers is actually waiting for you instead of first come first serve.

#8 GringaErin

GringaErin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:05 PM

I've been to Katie at Blu Bambu. She sterilizes everything, Her place is super clean, has a good selection of polish, and she is super nice/professional. She also has a "fish spa" now, where the little carp (?) nibble off the dead skin from your feet. I haven't tried it, but I think it's $30 for a half hour of nibbling.

#9 Valli

Valli

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 569 posts
  • Interests:Travel, cooking, bike riding,

Posted 13 April 2013 - 07:15 AM

I also tried Blue Bambu once, and I agree - very clean and professional operation. There are a few ex-pats that work out of their own homes or have studios, but the prices are on the higher side. Wherever possible, I prefer to give my business to a local-owned and operated establishment. I tried a few different places and Judith did the best work for my needs.

Valli

#10 DurwardWint

DurwardWint

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:31 PM

Yeah even I agree for Blue Bambu,they gives you a professional haircut and surely you would be satisfied with their haircut.

Hair Accessories Distributor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users