Michael & Laurie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:30 PM

Is there a local store that sells kohler or Delta quality bathroom hardware
ie: towel bars, hooks, etc

Prices in the states for good solid hardware start at $20+ per item

Else I will just plan on bringing it down.

#2 mstevens

mstevens

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 852 posts
  • Interests:Diving, Ducatis, Dorkdom

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:35 PM

There is a Kohler dealer.

However, there are some very good Mexican brands such as Helvex that closely resemble premium German stuff such as Grohe. It's decent quality and the prices are good. Perhaps most importantly, repair parts or replacements are available locally. With the corrosive water on islands, this is important.

For example, our shower heads were all gunked up and starting to look bad. We went to Boxito and replaced them for about USD$7.50 each *including* new arms. These are very similar to the Grohe ones we have in the US, which rubber spray nozzles that you can rub to help get rid of calcifications easily. We also got a couple of backup heads without the arms for about USD$4 each. They have much more fancy ones, but these met our needs.

#3 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
  • Interests:reading, singing, movies, family & friends, good food, travel

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:31 PM

They have at Boxitos what to me is a shocking opulence of bathroom fixtures now. When we were first building on the island it was difficult to find toilet seats. They had to be special ordered. And choices of fixtures were one of several although they've always had Helvex. Our Helmex plumbing fixtures from Boxitos have all corroded out about now. 12 years down the line. We recently replaced them with new stuff from the King's Treasure available at Boxitos

#4 Michael & Laurie

Michael & Laurie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:32 PM

Most of the things we are looking for are the towel bars, TP holders, Rope hooks. Basically things that mount on walls.
Strange our condo has really nice decorations and upgrades yet not a single towel holder.

#5 ccannon707

ccannon707

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:50 PM

Your comment about toilet seats made me laugh, Carey. When we first started visiting Mexico in the mid-80's it was hard to find a decent budget hotel room with a toilet seat! I've never understood the concept of no toilet seat. I used to joke I was going to bring one in my luggage. :lol:

...Christine

I drink to forget, but I eat to remember.... so it all balances out

.· `·. ><((((º> .· `·. <º))))>< ,·. ..· `·. .· `·. <º))))>< .· `·.

#6 pecas

pecas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:55 AM

Boxitos has everything that you're looking for towel and toilet paper hooks/holders

#7 scubawoman

scubawoman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:00 PM

And, if you are really smart, you will bring brass toilet seat hardware, as most here are plastic and snap off quite easily.
"Friends are family we choose for ourselves!" Scubawoman

#8 Michael & Laurie

Michael & Laurie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 04:17 PM

And, if you are really smart, you will bring brass toilet seat hardware, as most here are plastic and snap off quite easily.

Noted
Thx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users