12 replies to this topic

#1 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
  • Interests:reading, singing, movies, family & friends, good food, travel

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:56 AM

Just got a notification that Nemecio, "the wireless guy" is moving into solar installations. This makes interesting reading.

www.coolcozumel.com

#2 mstevens

mstevens

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 852 posts
  • Interests:Diving, Ducatis, Dorkdom

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:02 PM

Ooooh. I definitely need to check this out.

I wonder what installation costs might run for a roof-top photovoltaic panel installation. Cozumel would seem to be an ideal place for that sort of thing.

#3 hillbilly

hillbilly

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 306 posts
  • Interests:Retired here in Cozumel and loving it

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:43 PM

Thanks Carey
Will be looking him up real soon and probably do a install really quick, will report back. No DAC NO DAC NO DAC

#4 Jim912

Jim912

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, teaching scuba and working on our house.

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:44 PM

My next door neighbor is Nemecio. He worked up an estimate for us a few weeks ago. The biggest advantages are that you can sell power back to CFE. Requires a new meter which has the ability to turn backwards. You get credit so when you are not running the AC units or no one is there. And he uses microprocessors for each solar panel so you can monitor the entire system and if one panel goes bad it doesn't drag the whole system down. We're at DAC 2 and we would like to see the bill go to zero. We did the measurements and have room for up to 36 panels. After we are through with a new paint job we're going to start with 10 panels. Another nice feature is he has a monitoring system that he hooks up so that you can see your power consumption for several days.

#5 ccannon707

ccannon707

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:36 PM

What happens when there is a hurricane?

...Christine

I drink to forget, but I eat to remember.... so it all balances out

.· `·. ><((((º> .· `·. <º))))>< ,·. ..· `·. .· `·. <º))))>< .· `·.

#6 morenita

morenita

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:03 PM

You can install quick DC electrical waterproof disconnects and mounts that can also be disconnected very quickly. This is very important for solar panels.

#7 Jim912

Jim912

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, teaching scuba and working on our house.

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:26 AM

The panels can be taken down without a lot of effort. They are rated for 150 mph impact. And with each panel operating independently just linked together if one was damaged the others can still operate properly. Depending on location you can do a combination of flat wall mounts which are of course stronger and angled brackets with quick releases to convert to flat mount if you didi not want to totally remove them.

#8 mstevens

mstevens

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 852 posts
  • Interests:Diving, Ducatis, Dorkdom

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:42 AM

So what sort of ballpark are we in for 10 panels?

#9 Cozumel Wireless

Cozumel Wireless

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:38 PM

Hello Everyone,

It is true... I'm moving in to solar energy... but that only came along a new venture in air conditioning and marketing a unit that saves 40 to 60% when used.

One thing lead to the other . . . HVAC Sales, Service and Installation - - - -> Energy savings AC units - - - >>> users at DAC with CFE - - -> Photovoltaic systems -- - - > inefficient houses - - > Solar water heating for home, industry and pools....

The Internet business and satellite TV is still running and is now being taken care of by my oldest son David so i can have time to start the new venture. I will register a new account under the new company name "Cool Cozumel" and will be more than pleased to repond to all questions and will be posting progress and links to all solar system installations as they go along.

Carey and admins, thank you very much for allowing me to use this forum to share my findings and unlike the internet business where my service was an expense be able to colaborate with the comunity with a service that will help save people a nice sum of money.

I will still post and reply to internet and technology related topics under the current personality and all HVAC, photovoltaic and solar heating will be taken care by Cool Cozumel.

Sincerely,

Nemecio Interian
Owner/Founder
Cozumel Wireless
Wireless Broadband Internet and Satellite TV
Cozumel Wireless
High Speed Internet, Satellite TV and Wireless Network Solutions!
Cel Phone: 987 101 4925 / 987 115 3761

#10 Cozumel Wireless

Cozumel Wireless

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:33 AM

Hello everyone....

I had not made this completely public other than talking to some friends because i wanted to do it once the system was fully installed and in production.

We are selling, installing and commisioning solar systems, both grid tie and off grid.

We will be updating our new page as we go and will be posting plenty of pictures of our installs.

We will be bringing water heating systems, both for residencial, commercial and pool heating.

Our new facebook page is http://www.facebook.com/coolcozumel

and our first solar site that is fully working you can go to:

https://enlighten.en...tems/KU3h177708

To the client who trusted me enough to be the first, and you know who you are, THANK YOU!

Now we have some paperwork to do to get the system on a co-generation contract with CFE.

I will keep you posted on how it goes.

Nemecio Interian
Cool Cozumel
Energias Alternativas Aplicadas
Cozumel Wireless
High Speed Internet, Satellite TV and Wireless Network Solutions!
Cel Phone: 987 101 4925 / 987 115 3761

#11 DebB

DebB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:13 AM

Wow! Don't know the cost or the size of this install -- it's creating more juice per day than some of us drink!

#12 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
  • Interests:reading, singing, movies, family & friends, good food, travel

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:05 AM

Wow! Don't know the cost or the size of this install -- it's creating more juice per day than some of us drink!

Your condo building has this installation do you mean?

We just had Mario install a solar hot water heater system about 6 weeks ago and are loving it. Still delivers plenty of burning hot water even after 24 hours of heavy overcast.

I will be very interested to see if CFE can get it together to offer feed back into the grid to their customers as that would save a ton on a future installation to help with the other electric bills, most notable being, of course, AC.

I'll cross fingers on the CFE being forward thinking on that and being able to implement here on Cozumel. Good luck, Neimicio. Fight the Good Fight!

I'm just a wee bit leery as they (CFE) are being their usual uncooperative/screw the customers selves re an old electric pole we need to have replaced before we can build a second story above our garage and extend our wall in one place. The pole lists to starboard 25 degrees and prevents construction. We have pictures on file with the office now that clearly show this. We have been told that we will have to pay materials, removal and replacement costs on the rotting, tilting old thing. I only thank gawd there isn't a transformer on the post! And wait with bated breath to find out how much we're going to be gouged for something that should clearly not be our responsibility. Oh well. Es la vida.

#13 DebB

DebB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:15 AM

Not here, Carey. Kwh generation info is at the link that Neme provided.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users