The *&!@ Shuttle

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 crunch

crunch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 626 posts
  • Interests:Snorkeling, dogs, margaritas, beaches, reading, working out, chilling.

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:11 PM

Ok, I am definitely the independent type. We do not do group tours or group anything. We have always walked off the grounds to catch a taxi from the airport because shuttles are one of my serious dislikes.

If I did the group shuttle to Guido's is there any chance at all I will get stuck going to a bunch of other places 1st?

#2 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
  • Interests:reading, singing, movies, family & friends, good food, travel

Posted 18 April 2013 - 01:37 PM

If you buy a ticket for a place in Centro you will be put in a van that is heading south and you will be the first dropped off on the way south. I live in Centro and am, without fail, the first person dropped off. They load my bags last because they know they're going to be dumping me first. And last time they even made some poor lady move to the back of the van so I could sit in the seat by the door and get out quickly on my very busy street. (Ave 15).

I'm in the south part of downtown so if I was in the same van with you, you'd be dropped first at Guidos at the north end nearest to the airport and I would be the one politely but firmly moved to the back of de bus.

#3 crunch

crunch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 626 posts
  • Interests:Snorkeling, dogs, margaritas, beaches, reading, working out, chilling.

Posted 19 April 2013 - 11:53 AM

Thanks very much Carey. I truly like other people, but I just do not wish to tour the island that way. Now, to see if I can convince Tomas........

#4 DebB

DebB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:40 PM

I live a couple of blocks from Guido's and ask the dispatcher for a Centro van. I'm always last to load; first to be dropped off and I always sit up front next to the driver...

#5 crunch

crunch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:01 PM

Thank you Deb.

#6 cozdude

cozdude

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Interests:rock & ice climbing, mountaineering, snowboarding, diving, mountain biking, mixed martial arts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:00 AM

yep, ditto for me. when we arrive, we always go first to Rentadora Isis to pick up our car, and are the first to be dropped off. Easy-peasy.

Also, as an FYI to others, Margarita (Isis) always offers to pick us up, but we decline, as it's just very easy to get the shuttle from the airport, but we always accept the offer for a ride back to the airport on our last day when returning the car, which is nice.

#7 crunch

crunch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:26 PM

Anybody know the current cost for the shared shuttle?

#8 cozdude

cozdude

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Interests:rock & ice climbing, mountaineering, snowboarding, diving, mountain biking, mixed martial arts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:04 AM

I wanna say 50 pesos, but don't quote me on that!

#9 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
  • Interests:reading, singing, movies, family & friends, good food, travel

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:26 AM

Yah. It's a bit more than 50 pesos now. I'm remembering 57 pesos. And don't forget to tip the drivers! Hard times down here and these guys work real hard. Most people don't tip them I suspect. I tip 40-50 pesos if he has to load and unload my typical two giant 70 lbs maxed out suitcases.

#10 crunch

crunch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:14 PM

For the 2 of us it is twice what the taxi is if we walk out to the road. My work is cut out for me to talk my husband into the shuttle....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users