• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 CbrownChicago

CbrownChicago

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:46 PM

Hello, I have a co-worker that booked a room at Sunscape Sabor, surprise by her BF. Anyone stayed there or have an opinion of the property.

#2 Regiomontano

Regiomontano

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 06:25 PM

This is what i know...suposedly open for buisness april 15, 3 star hotel, 330 rooms and the fare is about 1,400 pesos per night, i have heard, good things about there hotel, the romos are well equiped.

#3 kansas diver

kansas diver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Interests:Diving, skiing, travel

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:06 PM

AMResorts (Apple tours parent company) is leasing (managing) both resorts now as of this last fall. Re-branded Aura on Dec 15 and Sabor on April 15th. Got kind of a rough start with Aura, even worse with the Sabor.. Should have waited another couple of weeks to get the "bugs" worked out. They started leasing existing resorts and re-branding them the last couple of years with all their new resorts. Right beside each other Look at Google Earth. They have been doing extensive upgrades to both properties. (they needed the TLC). I am part of the timeshare owners group at the Regency portion of the Sabor. We have about 470+ on our user forum who are discussing the changes and have "boots on the ground" with members there all the time. It looks like they are getting all the problems solved now. Hearing a lot better reports back from members and regular guests. This is a solid 3 star property that could become better with time. Best layout and location of all the southern resorts. This is a kick back, laid back, resort. do as little or as much as you want. All the other resorts in Cozumel run deep from the ocean to the entrance. Sunscape Sabor/Secrets Aura runs with the beach. Take a look at Google Earth.Li terally 5 minutes to a dive site. Be sure to rent a car or taxi and take a day and tour the island. Send me a message and I can send you A LOT more info.

KSDIVER - ponds are not very deep in the wheat fields!!

#4 donodom1

donodom1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 10:37 PM

I purchased my timeshare from the Regency Club back in 2008 that explicitly stated that it included the Sabor section.  I am now going to Cozumel this Oct/Nov 2014 and will not be staying at the Regency/Sabor/Aura/secrets/Sunscape location (you pick the name they use week).  We purchased a time share while we were at the Regency property and their agent walked us through all the parts we have contracted rights to use.  They were using an office on the property to sell the time shares.  It is hard to believe that the new company whatever name they want to use is stating that they are not privy to the contract and cannot be held to the contract.

Our contract states that we have timeshare use of "Sabor".  However, I just got off the phone with Carlos Gonzalas (1-888-413-3886 x8105) and he stated that we no longer have usage rights to the Sabor (Adult section) unless we want to PAY for an upgrade (no upgrade fee in the contract).  We do not have kids and would rather use the adult/Sabor portion.  Since they are unable to honor the contract without the added charges, I guess we can discontinue paying the annual fees (Water under the bridge).  I definitely would not get into any contract with them.

They also do not care about our identity theft.  To confirm the upcoming stay, they wanted use to EMAIL a copy of our charge card FRONT & BACK (3-digit number on back included), along with all our additional information like home address. While we disagreed with that request of copying our charge card, they stated that we are the only people that took issue.  They are holding a room for us (not in the sabor section), but we will go to a different hotel and have my charge card deny anything they try to send through.  I have learned my lesson about timeshares in Mexico.

#5 crunch

crunch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 626 posts
  • Interests:Snorkeling, dogs, margaritas, beaches, reading, working out, chilling.

Posted 24 October 2014 - 11:56 AM

Yeah.  They suck.  Once they have your money they do whatever they want.  I love renting a condo.  You have all the control then.

#6 Hooked on Coz

Hooked on Coz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Interests:Scuba, Sky Diving, Riding my Fatboy

Posted 04 November 2014 - 12:40 AM

A all to common story in Coz I'am sorry to say.............

#7 Kandy

Kandy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts
  • Interests:Enjoying retired life!

Posted 04 November 2014 - 08:46 AM

I thought I had read somewhere that the tennis player, Rafael Nadal, had purchased Sabor and Aura. Did he hire this company to manage them for him or is he already out of the picture?

Kandy
Living the Dream in Cozumel

#8 tiffanycox

tiffanycox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 05:03 PM

Thousands of International travelers, particularly from the US and Canada, have fallen victims of timeshare fraud while vacationing. Resort developers hire skilled salesmen to represent their timeshares as many different attractive packages, such as financial investments, deeded properties, or vacation clubs, just to increase their sales.

#9 matiilda

matiilda

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 01:33 PM

A timeshare purchase is never a good idea. Some people buy them with the idea of a financial investment, but a timeshare is not a good investment at all. Besides, there are lots of fees involved. This is a good article that has good information about timeshares and how to use it properly:  http://www.timeshare...imeshare-sales/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users