#1 mexpat10350

mexpat10350

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Interests:Fishing, boating, fine arts,

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:43 AM

Hola Cozumelites,

Susan and I (Joe) currently live half the year in Dunnellon, FL and half the year in Angola,IN. We are both artists. Susan has a BFA from Maryland Art Institute and I have a BFA with education certification from University of Wisconsin ,Milwaukee. We have been selling our artwork at outdoor art shows for about 25 to 30 years and are about to retire. Our last art show will be in Louisville,KY this Oct.  We have only seen Cozumel as a cruise stop . We will again have 7 hours to see your lovely island this December. We're trying to rent for the months of Jan , Feb and March (2014) but it looks like we may have made this decision a little too late. If anyone knows of a clean, safe place still available for about $700 to $800/MO USD please let us know.

#2 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
  • Interests:reading, singing, movies, family & friends, good food, travel

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:53 AM

You're starting pretty early for next year so you might have some luck still with a long term rental.  Possibly from a property management company.  Wait and see.

And keep checking back over the next couple of weeks.

The problem is that December through March is the very nicest weather here.  So a lot of people that might rent out their homes at other times of the year will want to be here at this lovely time when the weather is usually just perfect aside from the possibility of a ton of Nortes that bring rain and chill but that I, personally, enjoy.

Anyway, there will be fewer places available at this time of year.  Either they can be rented weekly easily during high season or the owner wants to live there themselves at that time.

Something might appear, however.

Welcome to the forums, by the way.  I spent a month in Dunellon, FL on the river.  About 15 years ago.  Very nice area.

#3 mexpat10350

mexpat10350

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 09:06 AM

Thanks Carey,

We've only been in touch with a property manager named "Cozumel Living".  Can you recommend any one else that we could get in touch with?

Joe

#4 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,621 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 09:23 AM

I would talk with Jimmy and Laurie Anderson.  They are great property managers, and also do rentals.

They have a long, and sucessful business on the island.

http://www.cozumelrentalhomes.com/

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#5 mexpat10350

mexpat10350

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 09:45 AM

Thanks Coz2wonder,

#6 Valli

Valli

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 569 posts
  • Interests:Travel, cooking, bike riding,

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:26 PM

You can try Rita Sheese at Cozumel Capital Real estate, excellent reputation and features some long term rentals that may be in your budget range. Also Pawel at Enjoy Cozumel. Also has some rentals available for longer terms.

Valli

#7 John Matt

John Matt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:Living in paradise!

Posted 27 June 2013 - 07:10 AM

Hi Joe,

I see you have some experience in the Great Cheeshead State! I was born in Milwaukee and live part time in Oconomowoc and the rest of the time on COZ. You can find good place that will fit you budget but you're not going to do it in a day or two. When I first came down I dedicated a week to just looking a preperties.... well.... maybe I went diving one day :)

Anyway the member that mentioned Rita is correct, she's great and tell hetr what your looking for and she'll line up showings. Another good contact is Margaret Konczyk and her son Pawel, they actually found me my place.... I highly receommed Margaret, shor or long term. Her website is http://enjoycozumel.com if you contact her please mention that John Matt referred you.... This island is all about backscratching.

Good luck!

JM

#8 mexpat10350

mexpat10350

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 05:46 AM

Thanks  John,

Between my wife and I, I'm getting really confused about who we have already tried to contact . I'll share this info with her and we will try to reach the contacts that you have shared.   Oconomowoc, huh?   Great town.  As an artist I have participated in the Oconomowoc women's club art show. The town was always most gracious to the artists. And as a Greendale high school swim coach I competed against  Oconomowoc many times.

Thanks,

Joe

#9 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,621 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:17 AM

check this site out.  http://enjoycozumel....LongTermRentals

There are some properties in the price range you are looking for.

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#10 jrhbryant

jrhbryant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:05 AM

I would recommend you to email Ms. Magda Perez at cozumelvillaescondida@hotmail.com.  Ms. Magda and her husband have a charming B&B in the center of town.  They also have a condo at Las Ventanas for long term rental.  Very nice people.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users