• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 MarkC

MarkC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:51 AM

Yah, that's what I figured.  Used to be the Allegro before it was the Sabor. There were some food scandals when it was the Allegro as in lots of people getting ill from the buffets..  Sabor got bad press because they treated the adults only area guests better or something and maybe it wasn't as 

'sexy' as sabors are supposed to be?? Who knows.  But, yes, it's at least a $25 US cab ride to and from town from there.  Long drive into town and dark as pitch going back late at night..

The allegro is still there.  And they have a great beach, no  water shoes required... Theres nothing to see under water there.  I've stayed at Casa Del Mar about 5x (great hotel and cheap), El Cid 1x (dont waste your money), and the Allegro 2x...

The next time I go to CZ, it will be here:  http://www.vrbo.com/268550

Listen to the folks on here - the restaurants on cz are far superior to the AI food.

MC

“Corona con lima, Corona with lime... Todo el tiempo, hey all of the time... Con mucho gusto, I’m havin such a good time... Corona con lima, Corona with lime...”

#22 nascarcharchar

nascarcharchar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Interests:Boating, Nascar, Golf, PBR Bullriding (Not Myself, just on TV), Cooking

Posted 19 July 2013 - 02:27 PM

We have stayed at both Casa Mexicana and El Cantil.  Our last 5 trips have been to El Cantil.  Not that Casa Mexicana is not nice because it is but we rented the one bedroom at El Cantil and it is like having your own apartment with a hot tub on the balcony.  People watching is great at Casa because their small pool and bar overlook the street and it becomes very comical around the time for the ships to depart.  Saw one guys stuff being put out on the dock because he had not shown back up.  El Cantil also has a restaurant on the top floor so that if the weather is bad you just get on the elevator and go up.  If you reserve on line you get free breakfasts for your stay.  The breakfast at Casa is included too and is also very good.  If you chose them make sure and get a balcony view.  It is worth the extra money.  You are going to be hooked as much as we are.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users