• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Regiomontano

Regiomontano

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:08 PM

Yes...i need 4 medieval cannon replicas for my balcony, do you know where i can find them??

#2 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:47 PM

checked my inventory...nope, no cannons.

You sure have some interesting request :)

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#3 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
  • Interests:reading, singing, movies, family & friends, good food, travel

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:06 PM

Seriously!  Ja Ja

Why don't you have one of the Papier Mache artists that make those cartoon sculptures you see around Centro in front of some of the shops make you something.

I think Carlos Pueyo could do that for you.  I know he has some in his portfolio gallery and he's very talented and versatile.  Let's see what contact info I have for him....

Here you go: carlos.pueyo.arte@hotmail.com

#4 BronxJoe

BronxJoe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:40 PM

Felipe, the main artisan at Maya-Lum on the Transversal can make anything out of concrete for outdoor purposes

#5 Regiomontano

Regiomontano

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:53 PM

Transversal?? is that el malecón?

#6 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:19 PM

You drive towards the other side of the island on the central road which is called the Transversal.  It is called Benito Juarez in town but as it continues across the island becomes the Transversal.  The place referenced here is on the north side of the road -- so your left as you travel away from San Miguel.  It is about 2 blocks past the NEW Pemex station which you will pass on your right and that sports a sign saying "Safe Gas Station".  Hard to miss -- big warehouse with some chunks of sculptures usually sitting outside.  It's on a corner. About Ave 105 I'd guess.

#7 Regiomontano

Regiomontano

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:14 AM

well thanks for the info...tomorrow i arrive at the island and tell you guys how my cannon hunting went...

#8 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:28 AM

We are all intrigued by your decorative ideas.  I'm assuming this is for a house on Cozumel, correct?  Can't imagine lugging back 4 cannons de cemento.

Keep us posted.  I've seen dueling lions in entryways and on balconies but cannons would be a first for me.  You must post a picture once you've accomplished your mission.

#9 pecas

pecas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:27 AM

I believe that Bronx Joe is referring to Felipe and Maya Lum which is on the south side of the transveral - about km 8 (maybe further) you're almost at the east side. 

Felipe has done terrific work, including the scupltures of the Mayan couple in El Cedral, the statue of Ixhael (sp?) on the waterfront near the military base.

#10 DanB

DanB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 484 posts
  • Interests:Dan:history/culture;scuba diving;photography;music; Claudia:artist

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:59 AM

I've been to the Mayalum place on the south side of the road almost to Mescalitos (past san Gervasio, past the larger Tequila Factory place on the north side of the road).  He has a great open air workshop with lots of examples of his cement and plaster work.  We usually pick up some garden wall hanging plaque when we are there.  Our backyard fence is covered with them.

#11 Regiomontano

Regiomontano

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 02:41 PM

you guys will see pictures of the cannons once there installed...if i find them!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users