Bike Question.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tomhooper

tomhooper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:Travel, Photography, Golf, Scuba, Texas Aggie Football.

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:31 AM

My wife and I have just taken a long term lease on a house.  We have travelled to Cozumel numerous times since the late 80's (3 times this year).  We are very familiar with the town.  The house is about 16 blocks from Melgar.  Off of Morelos between 80 and 80bis.  A little too far to walk but would be great for a bike. 

Does anyone know of a place that sells used bikes.  I will buy new if need be but thought I'd check out the used market first. 

Thanks

Hoop

#2 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
  • Interests:reading, singing, movies, family & friends, good food, travel

Posted 04 July 2013 - 11:37 AM

There isn't a used market for bikes.  They get ridden into the ground here.  Someone might post one for sale on this or other Cozumel related forums so that's your best bet on that front.

There's a big bike store 1/3 block south of the big intersection of Benito Juarez and 30 on the east side of the street.  And there are several others around town but that one is the easiest to find so its a place to start.

Good luck on finding a true beach cruiser bike here.  I've been trying for years although I did nail one 15 years ago which I loved but was later stolen while I was in the vet and stupidly left it unlocked.  (Don't do this for even 5 minutes away).

#3 tomhooper

tomhooper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:Travel, Photography, Golf, Scuba, Texas Aggie Football.

Posted 04 July 2013 - 11:46 AM

Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users