• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 cdlu

cdlu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:07 AM

A big thumbs up to Less Pay for great customer service! It was raining all Saturday night and, on Sunday, the day we left. We had a jeep rented that was wet from all the rain and had been discussing our options of trying to make it to the airport with dry luggage. A few minutes later our room phone rang; it was one of the guys from Less Pay, in the lobby of our hotel, with a car for us to drive and leave at the airport so that our luggage would stay dry. Now that is taking care of customers!

Cindy

#2 segarn

segarn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:41 AM

Great to hear that others have had a good experience with LP.

We have rented from Less Pay 3 times now & have never had an issue.  Last time when we returned the car, my wife's credit card fell out of her purse & we didn't notice.  About 15mins later, one of John's employees was at our condo with the credit card & a smile.

#3 KAC

KAC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:43 AM

We rented from John for years and he always took good care of us.....but we didn't have our head in the clouds thinking we were going to get a Cadillac for almost nothing a day, so we were always more than satisfied with the vintage cars as we got what we paid for.

#4 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 02:13 PM

Isn't it a miracle that you CAN say something nice about Less Pay, John, and his staff and nobody acts like their in a Pavlov experience, salivating with just the mention of the name :D

We have been renting a car (same car as KAC had) for the past two months, and will continue to rent long term until we figure out what we will purchase.

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#5 Freezin' Canuck

Freezin' Canuck

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:05 PM

Ditto to all of the above! John and staff always go above and beyond!

#6 cobra269

cobra269

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:24 AM

Use John last May for the second time for a 19 day rental. Contacted them when the car transmission started acting up. Told it would take 2 days to get another car since they were all rented. Took the car by and they took it to a mechanic - told not to worry. 2 days later the door bell at the condo rang and they were there with my replacement car. Not only great service but a great price. Will be using them next year.

#7 CZMDM

CZMDM

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 08:48 AM

Wow, 24 hours and no bleating. Must be a record. :)

Cozumel Diving

#8 crunch

crunch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 626 posts
  • Interests:Snorkeling, dogs, margaritas, beaches, reading, working out, chilling.

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:39 AM

Thanks for that info OP.  

I am an ISIS gal - don't shoot me ;), but this is good to know in case we ever need an alternative or different kind of car.  Never hurts to have choices when they are both good.

#9 DONO

DONO

Resident Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 12:42 PM

We too have always used LessPay and always will. No worries. As long as you bring it back running they're happy!

Dono

It's those changes in latitudes!

#10 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 04:40 PM

Crunch, nobody is going to say a word about your choice of vendor(s), IT'S YOUR CHOICE.

The higher end shops like Avis, Fiesta, Blueway, etc offer much nicer cars, at a higher price which is understandable.

If I needed a nice car, I know where to rent one.  If I just need a beater, I know a couple of options as well.

Live and let live, it's not like people are BUYING the car!

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#11 crunch

crunch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 626 posts
  • Interests:Snorkeling, dogs, margaritas, beaches, reading, working out, chilling.

Posted 18 July 2013 - 12:00 PM

The beater car is kind of the charm LOL.  However, after having a beater with holes in the floor May of 2012 during the monsoons my husband has actually upgraded to the one sedan at ISIS.  Good god, if he gets any older he may actually want AC and seat belts that retract! ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users