3 replies to this topic

#1 Valli

Valli

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 569 posts
  • Interests:Travel, cooking, bike riding,

Posted 18 July 2013 - 03:27 PM

Does anyone have a good recipe for the pickled onions that the local places often serve as sides with lunch/dinner? There are some recipes on-line, but I would love to try something similar to what I have enjoyed in Cozumel. Much appreciated.

Valli

#2 ccannon707

ccannon707

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 03:10 PM

I LOVE the pink pickled onions I get with the BBQ chicken to go from Asadero de Pollo on 30th. I put "pink pickled onions" into Google and this is what I got.... It's from the UK but referencing the Yucatan regional dish and Mexican cooking supplies. I know my European cousins were wild about the Mexican food they had on their visit to NorCal. We take it for granted but they don't have it there.

:D

http://www.coolchile...d-pink-onions-2

...Christine

I drink to forget, but I eat to remember.... so it all balances out

.· `·. ><((((º> .· `·. <º))))>< ,·. ..· `·. .· `·. <º))))>< .· `·.

#3 dawnb

dawnb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 589 posts
  • Interests:Snorkeling, cooking, gardening, jewelry making, reading

Posted 21 July 2013 - 12:35 PM

I would think any restaurant would be happy to share their recipe. Bet Adrian would have one (Casa Denis, original Especias, now at the Harley place), also, Indigo (Indigo's, Lemon Bar). Chad and Klara (Wet Wendy's, Thirsty Cougar) might have one too.

#4 Valli

Valli

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 569 posts
  • Interests:Travel, cooking, bike riding,

Posted 21 July 2013 - 02:49 PM

Thank you- Linda S., one of the great cooks on the island sent me a recipe very similar to the link Christine posted. Some recipes use the white vinegar, others use cider. I used cider vinegar, and also squeezed juice from half an orange, along with the other ingredients. Came out great- crunchy and tangy and the oregano really enhanced the taste.

Valli

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users