#1 John Matt

John Matt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:Living in paradise!

Posted 24 July 2013 - 10:39 AM

Hi All,

My fishing boat is arriving in Puerto Morelos next week or the following from Miami via Hyde. It's a 25' Grady on a good tri axle trailer with new brakes. I'm looking for someone that can tow the boat from the Pto Morelos to Calica then cross on the ferry. A good Suburban or full size pick up will do the job. I just went through the whole port/customs thing with my Van last month so I have the process pretty down pat. Depending on the actual sailing date I'm thinking this will take place on August 6th or 7th. If you know of anyone that can help me I'd appreciate hearing from you.

Muchas Gracias,

JM

998701_10200443643557825_1348021664_n.jp

#2 luvfish

luvfish

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 02:43 PM

Hi John---Was wondering if you found someone to help you get your boat here.
My husband is boat captain and is just free lancing till he finds full time work
He worked for a company here for 13 years and just needed a change
So if you still need help getting your boat here or a capitan anytime give us a call
987-107-4869
Thanks

#3 John Matt

John Matt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 02:51 PM

Hi Luvfish,

Thanks for the reply... It's shipping on schedule and arriving a week from tomorrow.... The best I've come up with so far is a tow truck from a towing outfit in Playa so I have help but not exactly what I was hoping for.... Does your husband have access to a truck?? or big SUV like a Suburban? Driving the boat by water is no problem but the ferry boat charges by length not weight so it really doesn't make sense to put the boat in the water over there..... If he can get his hands on a truck I'd be happy to hire him to help me....

Thanks again!

JM

#4 John Matt

John Matt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 09:34 PM

Hi All, I'm in a pinch now does anyone know of a reliable tow truck service on the island??

#5 KAC

KAC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 05:59 AM

You might ask Javier the mechanic heading south on 30th left on Salas down about 2 blocks on the left. He may know of a tow truck you could hire on the mainland.

#6 John Matt

John Matt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 06:15 PM

Great, thanks for the reply..... I'll try to reach him

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Boat, Towing, Trailer, Ferry, Truck, Cargo, Fishing, Marina

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users