• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 GDSmith

GDSmith

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 01:03 PM

Always fun to think about and talk about Cozumel when not there.

Returning in February and staying a few blocks off the square.  Looking for as economical way to get out to the Money Bar and Fiesta area to snorkel on a regular basis, with out going broke.

We rented a car last year, which is nice as things can be locked in the trunk.  However, if we are able to stay longer, car rental and taxi adds up.

This coming year, we are thinking about purchasing bikes, to commute back and forth, then selling at the end of our stay.

What options do I have for purchase besides Mega and Chedrau?  Any smaller shops that you can recommend that service what they sell?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Greg

#2 MarkC

MarkC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 02:21 PM

What do you consider economical... i would think your life is worth more than the dollars you'd save...

“Corona con lima, Corona with lime... Todo el tiempo, hey all of the time... Con mucho gusto, I’m havin such a good time... Corona con lima, Corona with lime...”

#3 mexpat10350

mexpat10350

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Interests:Fishing, boating, fine arts,

Posted 26 July 2013 - 03:38 PM

@ MarKC         Are you saying that bike riding is a risk to life?    How so?

#4 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 03:42 PM

Sam's have bikes, as well as some really good bike shops.  You also have the option of renting land cruiser style bikes from http://www.sombreror...com/?page_id=34.

We have a lot of riders here, for enjoyment, as well as training for Iron Man.

Be careful on the road, especially along on the "old road" that runs along the water.  No run off room, no shoulder.  

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#5 CZMDM

CZMDM

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:54 AM

What do you consider economical... i would think your life is worth more than the dollars you'd save...

I agree with Mark on this. We sold our bikes a long time ago. Tooling through town is dangerous enough. Yes., we have many bicycle enthusiasts on the island, but you see them in groups, usually early in the morning, only on the perimeter and they are long time riders. Since the early 2000's the amount of cars has tripled and the amount of taxis has gone up by at least a third. Whatever you do....have fun and try and stay safe.

Cozumel Diving

#6 okcdiver

okcdiver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 10:06 AM

ISIS rents  bikes.     Don't  know about    their condition.

#7 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 02:42 PM

You have a few suggestions on purchase and at least one option of cruiser rentals on the island.

Enjoy, and be careful out there.

If it were me, I would rent a vehicle when I wanted it, and walk the rest of the time.

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Bikes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users