• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ez_stop1

ez_stop1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 09:34 PM

As a big fan of Steve's posts (both trip reports AND his fabulous, colorful, step-by-step recipes) I printed out several of his culinary offerings when he was posting them a couple of years back. Since the demise of the old message board, I have read a couple of members mourning the loss of many things, among them, Steve's recipes. If Carey will allow it or if she thinks this would be something of interest, I'll be glad to scan them & re-post them here on the new site. Or....could scan and e-mail if they are too heavy to post. The ones that I have, complete with pics are: Conchinita Pibil, Empanadas, Tamales and Coctel de Camarone.

#2 DanB

DanB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 484 posts
  • Interests:Dan:history/culture;scuba diving;photography;music; Claudia:artist

Posted 30 April 2010 - 06:35 AM

I'd like to see them. You can email them to the address listed in my profile if you end up not posting them on the site.

#3 hverde

hverde

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:Hiking, biking, music, running, my kids

Posted 30 April 2010 - 05:29 PM

Would be wonderful!

#4 beachbum53

beachbum53

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 07:46 AM

I agree, it would be great to see Steve's recipes back up for everyone to enjoy.
If they were up, maybe he'd continue to add new recipes. :P

#5 jsmflake

jsmflake

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Interests:Cozumel
    Travel
    Gardening
    Reading

Posted 20 May 2010 - 07:31 AM

Steves recipes can be found here. :) :D http://www.sac-be.co...steve_o_1.shtml

#6 Steve

Steve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 05:22 PM

Thank you everyone for wanting the recipes. I was going over in my mind how to re-post them but with the way the forum is set up only allowing 10 photos per post and having to reformat everything to match the forum standards, it takes a lot of time.

Thanks jsmflake...I forgot I gave Lydia permission to publish the recipes in the Sac-Be newspaper. I think most of them are there.

I have a few more to put up this summer. Fry Jacks from Belize will be one of them.

#7 Kandy

Kandy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts
  • Interests:Enjoying retired life!

Posted 20 May 2010 - 06:44 PM

I'll definitely be checking out that site. However, I was about to suggest that you publish a collection of your recipes, Steve, and sell them. That could help fund all of your wonderful trip reports that we are clamoring for! Posted Image

Kandy
Living the Dream in Cozumel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users