#1 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 04:13 PM

Reported in Miami Herald:

American announces new Miami-Cozumel route

American Airlines said Friday ( 08.09.13that it will add a new nonstop route between Miami and Cozumel in November.

The flights between Miami International Airport and Cozumel International Airport will be offered five times a week, on Tuesdays and Thursdays through Sundays.

The new service starts Nov. 21; travelers can start booking future flights on Sunday.

I am thinking...SHOPPING TRIP.

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#2 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 10:52 AM

Now to find out what size plane they will be using...

As long as I can do checked bags, I don't care if it's a prop or not.

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#3 Charles

Charles

Guru

• Members
  • 3,143 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 11:03 PM

The last time AA offered these flights, they used a slow prop plane which made for close to a three hour flight to Miami. Most often the fares were $1,100 to $1,300 which are expensive when flights from Cancun might be $500 to $700 cheaper. My wife did catch a last minute flight once for only $997, only a couple hundred more than our second most expensive flight from Florida.

#4 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 06:51 PM

Update from Luh and myself (we called at the same time) directly from American Airlines.

Direct flights from Cozumel to Miami-Miami to Cozumel

Flights start on Nov 21st until March 7th.

They will be flying 747 (not props)

Flights depart from Cozumel @1:35pm and arrive Miami @ 4:20pm

Later in the season the time will change to departure from Cozumel to 2:40pm, arrive Miami at 5:25 pm.

Pricing (as of today):  The price Luh and I were quoted for round trip was about $972.00 usd's.

They will be flying a mixed flight schedule on Tues, Thurs, Friday and Saturday.  Then switch later in the season to Saturday service only

Anonymous

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users