Photo

Anyone have a capable, reliable Iron Man to Rec?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
  • Interests:reading, singing, movies, family & friends, good food, travel

Posted 30 April 2010 - 04:32 PM

Well, I've been through three of 'em over the last 10 years. First one was an artist and very good, Victor Alburon, but he isn't returning messages. Second started out good as well as reasonable and then went Hollywood with higher prices and shoddier work. Lastest man I've been using has proven to be not up to the jobs I need. For example, he didn't solder the new door lock in my reja in securely enough so it can move back and forth and that makes the key difficult to work. And a small window he made for me had to be redone because the hinge on one side was a good 2" higher than on the other side, etc. etc.

So I'm on the prowl again as I have a lot of iron here that has to be maintained/repaired. Anyone have a good rec.? English not required.

#2 nauticab

nauticab

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 05:06 PM

mine was recommended to me by another american and he is now doing lots of work for many expats. his name is don rigo, cel is 987 871 0773. if he doesn't answer, he always calls me back. his shop is on 30th, just past the chevy place on the other side of the street. next to a corner local.
he completely redesigned my porton to my exact specs, did all my rails for hurricane protection, and charges very very fairly.
i saw the work he did for my friend's patio furniture and balcony rails....beautiful work. and on time 100% to what he told me.
Cabrilla's Sport Center
Calle 11 % Melgar y 10av
Edificio Portales, Local 1
Dressing Fishermen and Triathletes from Head to Toe

#3 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
  • Interests:reading, singing, movies, family & friends, good food, travel

Posted 30 April 2010 - 06:25 PM

Woo! Thanks

#4 TERRY7133

TERRY7133

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 07:41 PM

Nauticab, is he on 30th next to the panaderia -- 1 block before cfe ? possibly between 31st and 33rd
Thanks,
Terry

#5 pecas

pecas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 08:08 PM

We used him recently and found him to be reliable and reasonably priced. Very nice guy!

#6 nauticab

nauticab

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 08:55 PM

my white lab is quite strong and actually BROKE the welded "waves" he made for me when trying to stick her head out the front to attack the people on the street. hehe
i called him and he was here that afternoon to look at it, came the next day to re-weld it and went the extra kilometer and re-welded all the joints even tho they were fine, after he saw how strong my lab is.
i will be using him again for my upstairs window protection systems when ready.

that address seems about right. he will come to you right away if available.
Cabrilla's Sport Center
Calle 11 % Melgar y 10av
Edificio Portales, Local 1
Dressing Fishermen and Triathletes from Head to Toe

#7 TERRY7133

TERRY7133

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 09:46 PM

Thanks nauticab, I am not in czm right now but when I return I need some ironwork done . I have used 3 different iron workers over the past 3 years and am currently facing re-doing some of their work.

If this is the man I am thinking about , it is very close to my house . I have watched his shop kicking out all kinds of projects but never took the time to stop in.
I will check with him when I return .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users