• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 05:53 PM

This is the second event for Scuba Fest, and the keynote speaker will be Jean Michel Cousteau "The great ocean adventure, Sustainable Future, ocean conservation and our preservation" 

Lots of events going on during the gathering.  If your a diver, or interested in the water world below, you will be interested in joining in.

The language section to view the program is in Spanish, English and French.  Look for the language bar on the far, upper right hand side.

http://www.cozumelfest.com/

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#2 Danielle

Danielle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:26 PM

May be a lot of you still do not know much about the second Cozumel Scuba Fest which will take place between the 12th and 15th of this month.

Here you can check the whole program.

You do not need to be a diver to enjoy most of these events.

I believe this is the first time Cozumel is going to honour Commander Cousteau who made this island so famous around the world!

I am sure you will have a lot of pleasure being part of this event,

See you there!

Thursday, December 12th: Time Events 08:00 Registration for the first day of diving the Jean-Michel Cousteau’s Scuba Fest Route.
The Route will start at la Francesa -.Simone Cousteau where Jean-Michel will leave an offering to honor his mother.
Along the Route we will be accompanied by Estrella Navarro and Alejandro Lemos, two Mexican free diving champions.
Register here with your favourite dive shop. 15:00 Registration for the Photoshoot Out Contest, Museo de la Isla. 16:00 Beginning of the Taste of Cozumel and SCUBA Exhibition, Cozumel Museum. 17:00 Lecture by Biologist. Carlos Rico – Museo de la Isla. 17:30 Lecture by Patty Eversbusch: “Tourism Marketing targetting the Diving Business”. Island Museum, Conference Hall. 19:00 Opening Lecture by Jean-Michel Cousteau: The big adventure of the Ocean, a sustentable future, conservation of our oceans and our survival”. Island Museum, Conference Hall. 20:00 Inaugural Ceremony and Unveiling of Commander Jacques Y. Cousteau’s statue. Cozumel Museum.

Friday December 13th: Time Events 05:45 Registration fort he PhotoShoot Out Contest 08:00 Registration for the second day of diving the Jean-Michel Cousteau’s Scuba Fest Route. 09:00 Underwater longest distance attempt with a rebreather and a D.P.V. scooter by Leo Morales, starting from Punta Sur. 16:00 Beginning of  the Scuba Exhibition and Taste of Cozumel, Cozumel Museum. 17:00 Night Dive the Jean-Michel Cousteau’s Scuba Fest Route. 18:00 Lecture by Photographer Paul Camhi – Island Museum, Conference Hall. 19:00 Lecture By Ricardo Gomez Lozano, Director of the Yucatan Peninsula:and the Mexican Caribean Natural Areas, (CONANP): “The Lion Fish, an exotic and invasor specy, it is our responsability to keep it under control, Regional strategy for the Caribbean Sea, Island Museum, Conference Hall. 20:00 Lecture: by the Arqueologist Mrs Pilar Luna: “ A world to discover”, the underwater arqueology, a warrior’s experiences, Island Museum, Conference Hall.

Saturday December 14th: Time Events 05:30 Photoshoot out.Contest registration. 08:00 Regístration for the third day of diving the Jean-Michel Cousteau’s Scuba Fest Route. Underwater installation of the Commander Jacques-Yves Cousteau’s statue at Villablanca reef infront of Palmar Condominiums.. Words by Ruben Arvizu from Ocean Futures Latin America branch . The two Mexican free diving champions Estrella Navarro and Alejandro Lemus will be part of this event under the water. 09:00 Beginning of the Copa Scuba Fest. Competitions, in front of the Cozumel Museum. 12:00 Beginning of  the Scuba Exhibition and Taste of Cozumel, Cozumel Museum l

Guess which MARES product will help the free diver champion to get out of the Cozumel waters and take it home with you.

17:00 Lecture by Sergio SANDOVAL:“The magic reefs of Cozumel and their evolution in 40 years”, Island Museum Conference Hall. 18:00 Lecture: by Doctor Matias NOCHETTO: Real cases from the DAN emergency line, Island Museum Conference Hall. 20:00 Gala Dinner.

PhotoShootOut Awards, than “El Buzo de Oro” “the Golden Diver” first Awards, to divers from Mexico, for their trajectory, experience and contribution towards the scuba industry and the diving world,Restaurant Casa Mision, fee 300 pesos.(to be booked in advance at your dive shop).

Sunday, December 15th: Time Events 07:00 Surf Competition, Punta Morena or Chen Rio. 08:00 Registration for the last day of diving. the Jean-Michel Cousteau’s Scuba Fest Route. 08:00 Copa Scuba Fest Competitions., in front of the Museum. 12:00 Beginning of  the Scuba Exhibition and Taste of Cozumel, Cozumel Museum. 17:00 Closing lecture by Estrella Navarro and Alejandro Lemus: “Freediving, a competition and a life challenge”,: Island Museum Auditorium. 18:00 Jean-Michel Cousteau will give the Scuba Fest Jean michel Cousteau’s Commemorative Log book to the divers who have completed this new route. 19:00 Closing coktail and outdoor documentary presentation première “The story of a warrior.” by Leo Morales, Hotel Cozumel Palace.(a suggestion: tell your dive shop you wish to attend) - Video

descargar.png

contacto.jpg

sectur.jpg
mexico.jpg
coparmexc.jpg
ofs.jpg

Recomiendanos

Instagram
ads_56.jpg

Copyright Cozumel Scuba Fest 2013

#3 DJDiverDan

DJDiverDan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Interests:Scuba Diving, economics, Politics, Libertarian. And eating great food (usually to excess!)

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:58 PM

I'm STILL trying to figure out just exactly what the Taste of Cozumel is, and how it works. I'll be in Cozumel from the 9th til the 16th, and I intend to check it out, but can SOMEONE give me a clue as to just what this is? I assume various restaurants will have booths or tables set up, with offerings of various dishes. Do I need to register? Which restaurants are participating? Is there a cost of admission? What is the deal?

#4 Danielle

Danielle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 07:39 PM

The "Taste of Cozumel" is an operation launched by the Canirac (restaurant chamber of commerce), inside the Scuba Fest. So it is not a particular restaurant, rather a collective initiative, proposing their specialties under the form of "botanas" (mexican style tacos). If I remember last year anyone can by tickets for a plate of them anytime, like for the oktober fest. You do not need to be registered as diver or scuba fest participant.

The various participating restaurants will have their exposing boot in front of the museum, where you will enjoy it before, after and between the lectures in the museum.

This is the appropriate opportunity to taste our lion fish under various forms and recipes, hence helping us to control this invader threatening our reefs.

#5 DJDiverDan

DJDiverDan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Interests:Scuba Diving, economics, Politics, Libertarian. And eating great food (usually to excess!)

Posted 06 December 2013 - 02:45 PM

Thanks for the info. I will be checking this out, though I've already got Lion Fish on the menu - the coconut crusted lion fish at La Perlita is great, and I intend to hit it for lunch one day next week. Is it still 2 for 1 on Thursdays?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users